Sleepless in the Saloon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sleepless in the Saloon
- Quest giver
- Hitsuji Bugyo
- Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (X:11, Y:13)
- Quest line
- Heavensturn (2015)
- Previous quest
- Lions for Lambs
The black sheep of the bugyo's flock seeks to entertain the troops in Thanalan.
※This quest is available for a limited time only.
— In-game description
- While wearing the hitsuji kabuto, speak with the black hitsuji yoriki in Ul'dah.
- With the tender lamb minion summoned, /cheer for the Brass Blade captain at the Coffer & Coffin.
- With the tender lamb minion summoned, speak with Roger.
- With the tender lamb minion summoned, give the spectacles to the Brass Blade captain.
- With the tender lamb minion summoned, /cheer for the Brass Blade captain.
- With the tender lamb minion summoned, report to Roger.
- Report to the black hitsuji yoriki.
- The black sheep of the bugyo's flock seeks to entertain the troops in Thanalan.
- ※This quest is available for a limited time only.
- The hitsuji bugyo fears for the health of his man in Thanalan, his unfortunate choice of headwear incompatible with the desert heat. He would have you journey to Ul'dah to assist him, wearing the hitsuji kabuto to show both your allegiance, and the error of the black sheep's ways.
- ※Please note that you will be unable to complete this quest after the seasonal event has ended. For details, please check the Lodestone.
- The black hitsuji yoriki is keen to present the tender lamb to the Brass Blades, and believes he has spotted the ideal opportunity to do just that. In the Coffer & Coffin, a group of Blades are drinking like fishes and acting the goat. The yoriki urges you to take the lamb to the watering hole, and cast its spell on the Brass Blade captain, to save him from the clutches of the demon drink.
- The hypnoturgical blast has little effect on the inebriated captain. In fact, it only seems to have redoubled his thirst. He dispatches you and your sheep to the bar─the proprietor, Roger, has failed to deliver the latest round, and the captain will brook no delay.
- Roger reluctantly agrees to fulfill the captain's order rather than risk his wrath. But as the tankards fill with the bubbling brew, the tender lamb espies something unusual at the end of the bar: a pair of spectacles belonging to the captain's wife. Roger urges you to take them to him, in the hope that this token of home might compel him to call it a night.
- You hand the glasses to the Brass Blade captain, who unexpectedly bursts into tears. His wife recently passed away, and the grieving captain was drinking to forget his pain. Shocked into unwelcome sobriety, he craves the sleep his troubled mind refuses to offer him. Give the captain a reassuring /cheer to activate the lamb's magic once more.
- The hypnoturgical blast takes effect, and the captain finally finds rest. In his dreams, he is reunited with his wife, fulfilling his promise that they would welcome in the new year together. While his comrades carry him home to bed, they bid you pass on their apologies to Roger.
- Learning the truth behind the Brass Blades' binge, and mortified by his own misgivings about the mourning captain, Roger pledges to start the new year on the right foot: by footing the bill for the day's revelries. He thanks you and your sheep for bringing a modicum of peace to his suffering customer, and asks you to pass on his gratitude to the black hitsuji yoriki, for assigning you to the case.
- The black hitsuji yoriki, pleased with your achievements, presents you with a special kabuto as proof of your friendship. With the Brass Blades now fully apprised of the tender lamb's powers, it is only a matter of time before they place an order. Should his colleagues in Gridania and La Noscea meet with equal success, the air of Eorzea will soon be ringing with the martial bleats of the Fleece Force.