Jump to navigation Jump to search
— In-game description
- Speak with Jacke at the Rogues' Guild.
- Track down the black marketeer in lower La Noscea.
- Deliver the sack of gil to the black marketeer.
- Spy on the Truehounds from the designated location in Costa del Sol.
- Speak with Oboro at the dock storehouse.
- You notice a letter bearing Jacke's name in Oboro's hand.
- Through Jacke's network of eyes and ears, he has found information on the one Yatsurugi treasure still unaccounted for: the dagger. While Oboro waits for Princess Yuki and Akagi to join him in the dock storehouse, visit the Rogues' Guild and harvest Jacke's intelligence.
- Jacke has discovered that the Yatsurugi clan's dagger is to go up for auction. The sellers are a group known as the Truehounds─a band of Salthounds who never left the brine. Ostensibly, they liberated the Far Eastern treasures from an imperial vessel's hold, and, with Princess Yuki's word being the only proof otherwise, Jacke regretfully informs you the guild cannot get involved. However, he directs you to a black marketeer newly come to the guild's attention. To learn more of the Truehounds, seek out this shadowy character at the House of Sticks in lower La Noscea.
- You defeat the trio of Qiqirn that appears. Now, present the sack of gil to the black marketeer.
- Though a cowl covers his face, the black marketeer's voice sounds oddly familiar. However, he does away with any introductions, and jumps immediately to the heart of the matter─the Truehounds. Captained by one Rosalinde, these cutthroats have made their name and fortune on the Far Eastern seas. What they lack in numbers, they make up for by imbibing pluto before boarding their victims' vessels. Moreover, they have recently hired a mercenary known as Redway─a man trained in ninjutsu by Gekkai. The entire crew has dropped anchor in Costa del Sol. Travel there now, and spy on the fiends.
- You crouch in the shadows as Captain Rosalinde and Redway converse. The so-called shinobi has gathered information on you and your allies just as you have on him and his. You also overhear the leader of the Truehounds as she lays out her plan to capture Princess Yuki by using the clan treasure as bait, and the auction as the trap. Return now to Oboro in the dock storehouse, and inform him of these dire developments.
- Princess Yuki and Akagi have been waiting for you at the storehouse. Upon learning of the Truehounds' involvement, Yuki reveals that it was not only the treasures they stole from her clan, but the lives of her people as well. Though the princess had wished to fight back, her vassals forbade it, and laid down their lives in her defense. When she left her lands, she vowed that never again would she allow someone to die for her. Akagi seizes this opportunity to force her hand, and, finally, Yuki accepts your and Oboro's aid. However, she has a condition─you may not sacrifice your own life for hers. Having reached an agreement, Oboro asks that everyone wait for further news of the black market auction.