Into the Blue Again
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Into the Blue Again
- Quest giver
- Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:12.5, Y:13.0)
- Blue Mage
- Required quest
- Litany of Peace
- Previous quest
- Turning Over a Blue Leaf
- Next quest
- Something Borrowed, Something Blue
Martyn is putting on even more airs than usual.
— In-game description
Martyn can be found near the Miners' Guild Aethernet Shard.
- Martyn is putting on even more airs than usual.
- You find Martyn dressed in his Great Azuro garb, somehow seeming to be even more pompous than the last time you met. He reveals that his recently established Blue Mages' Guild has been growing steadily. He has taken on a number of pupils, including Nutiba Buntiba and P'yandih, who arrive to interrupt your conversation. The pair make no secret of the fact that they admire you, as Azuro the Second, far more than their mentor and guildmaster, much to Martyn's chagrin. After he indignantly shoos them away, he remembers that he is due to appear in the Masked Carnivale in a few moments and invites you to come and see the Great Azuro perform for the crowd. Despite facing a gigantic kronprinz behemoth, Martyn dispatches his opponent in spectacular fashion, unleashing a volley of blue magic spells that you never knew he possessed.
- Meeting Martyn after the show, he explains that he learned his newfound techniques while traveling through Ishgard, though he also laments that his expanded repertoire has done little to boost the payment that he receives from the Celestium. He then explains that the owner, Royse, has requested that you and Martyn go with her to meet an acquaintance of hers, whose identity has yet to be revealed.
- Following some typically curt greetings, Royse makes her way into the Miners' Guild to announce your arrival. She soon reappears, now accompanied by Fyrgeiss, member of Ul'dah's Syndicate and chairman of Amajina & Sons Mineral Concern, who is not only unimaginably wealthy but a renowned lover of the Coliseum. He explains that he observed Martyn's most recent performance, and being an avid follower of arena combat, he found the blue magic on display to be both unique and highly entertaining, to the extent that he has agreed to provide funding for the Celestium. Rather than staying to discuss the finer details at length, he leaves the arrangements to his underlings, and once he is out of earshot, Royse explains that despite the Masked Carnivale's popularity, the increase in ticket sales is offset by the cost of keeping and feeding hordes of pit fiends with which to fight. It is rumored that Fyrgeiss aims to strengthen his position within the Syndicate by investing in new ventures, an opportunity which Royse pounced upon by inviting him to the Celestium. Naturally, this injection of gil is expected to be accompanied by even greater profits, which she plans to address with a host of additions to the roster, including more ferocious creatures for you and Martyn to battle. He, too, sees Fyrgeiss's involvement as a change in fortunes, and hopes to secure financial support for the Blue Mages' Guild.
- As Royse is planning to add yet more beasts to the Celestium's menagerie, Martyn thinks it best that the two of you prepare for the challenges that lie ahead. He recommends that you follow in his footsteps and acquire new blue magic spells, starting with Northerlies, which will give your foes a taste of icy Ishgardian winter, though this is something that you must first experience for yourself...
- ※The next blue mage quest will be available from Martyn upon reaching level 53 and learning Northerlies.