A Glimmer of Hope
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
A Glimmer of Hope
Nayoshi gives you a pleading look.
— In-game description
- Rendezvous with Nayoshi.
- Rescue Nayoshi.
- Speak with Nayoshi and defeat the beast.
- Speak with Nayoshi.
- Speak with the veteran fisherman.
- Speak with the agile fisherman.
- Nayoshi gives you a pleading look.
- Nayoshi decides that in order to improve his skills as a fisherman he must begin training and begs you to accompany him. He is afraid that, should his misfortune persist, he will need a strong woman on hand to dispatch of whatever monstrosity he mistakenly drags in from the open waters.
- You quickly put an end to the beast Nayoshi has caught. Go over and reassure the still-trembling fisherman that he no longer has anything to fear.
- Upon seeing you and the slain monster, Nayoshi regains his composure and thanks you for your help. Despite the less-than-stellar results of his first attempt, he is ready to try again. He believes a change of scenery might help to spur his attempts along and asks that you meet him at the southern coast.
- As soon as you join him, Nayoshi pulls out his rod and throws out a line. A few moments later, he reels in another sea beast. Quickly dispatch of it and speak with the young fisherman.
- Nayoshi appears defeated by his lack of progress and asks you for advice on how he might improve his fishing. After a bit of back and forth, the two of you come to the conclusion that he must receive advice from some of the other fishermen. As the village's least productive member, however, he is certain his pleas for help will fall on deaf ears. He requests that you, the woman who delivered Isari from disaster be the one to go around and ask for fishing advice for him.
- You begin by approaching the village's most experienced fisherman─the man who requested that you save Nayoshi from the shiranui. He reveals to you that the best way to catch fish is to observe their behavior and use it to your advantage. The example he gives you of torch fishing, however, can only be employed under a very specific set of circumstances and Nayoshi asks that you ask one of the other nearby fishermen for more practical advice.
- You speak with one of the younger fishermen whose aptitude for fishing has lately gained him village-wide recognition. Upon learning who you are, he is happy to share with you the secret to his remarkable success. He presents you with a wooden fishing lure and tells you that this is the easiest way to attract and catch fish. Saying you can keep it, he wishes you good luck in your fishing endeavors. Nayoshi would like to look at the lure the young fisherman has given you and requests that you meet him behind the large boulders.
- You deliver the lure to Nayoshi, who has been cornered by Koruri. She has come to impart some advice about fishing to Nayoshi. Telling him that he must learn to clear his mind at sea, she suggests he try concentrating solely upon the waves and feeling the rod in his hand. With all the knowledge he has gained, will Nayoshi finally find a way to overcome his troubles?