When Gnaths Cry
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
When Gnaths Cry
Sanson is wearing an expectant look.
— In-game description
- Speak with Sanson outside Loth ast Gnath.
- Speak with Sanson.
- Rescue Sylviel!
- Defeat the Gnath that bar your retreat!
- Defeat the Gnath!
- Sanson is wearing an expectant look.
- No sooner does Sanson inform you that Sylviel will soon return to Tailfeather than the scholar's hired sword rushes in bearing dire tidings: his master has been captured by the Gnath. With the denizens of Tailfeather unwilling to help, it falls to you to mount a rescue. First, Sanson suggests that you scout out the entrance to the stronghold of Loth ast Gnath.
- You arrive at Loth ast Gnath to find that Sylviel's assistant has managed to flee to safety. Alas, his master is still being held by the beastmen. Together with your friends, you sally forth into the stronghold and succeed in freeing Sylviel from the clutches of the Gnath. Speak with Sanson north of Loth ast Gnath.
- All members of Sylviel's survey party have been accounted for. Make your way back to Tailfeather and speak with Sanson.
- According to Sylviel, Coerthan legend speaks of a saint of song in the heavens─an individual with transcendent mastery over poetry and verse─who can bring a battle to its conclusion with a song. As a gesture of gratitude, the scholar promises to investigate the legend further. And though Sanson is hopeful that this will lead you to the Ballad of Oblivion, Guydelot is not wholly convinced. The two exchange heated words, and Guydelot subsequently storms out of the settlement. Sanson believes that the bard will eventually come around, and asks for your patience in the meantime.