The Same Vein
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Same Vein
Haimirich has a job for you and you alone.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Show the sample of titanium ore to Adalberta.
- Return the sample of titanium ore to Ishgard.
- Speak with Haimirich in the Chocobo Forest.
- Mine 10 Titanium Ore.
- Deliver the 10 chunks of Titanium Ore to Haimirich.
- Speak with Haimirich at Ishgard.
- Haimirich has a job for you and you alone.
- It seems that House Fortemps will be leading a new push against Dravania, and needs to armor itself for a fierce battle. For this purpose, only titanium will serve. However, it is unclear where ore can be mined in sufficient quantity to fulfill the knights' needs. Haimirich turns to you for an answer, and, given that you do not seem to have one, bids you seek the counsel of your guildmaster. Armed with a sample of titanium, make your way to Ul'dah and see what Adalberta has to say.
- You find Wide Gulley speaking with Adalberta. Though you came to speak with the latter, it is the former who tells you where to find the titanium. It seems that some years ago, Deep Canyon came across a similar sample of the metal in the hands of a hunter who made his living in the Dravanian forelands. Wide Gulley swears that the chunk of metal you brought is identical to the one the hunter had, and Adalberta theorizes that the ore must originate in the area. Return now to Haimirich at the Forgotten Knight with this piece of information.
- Upon hearing it was a hunter who found the first sample of titanium, Haimirich exclaims that the vein of the ore you seek must be somewhere near the Chocobo Forest. Though this is hardly definitive, Haimirich is willing to mobilize Oschon's Raiders on this hunch. Rendezvous with them in the Dravanian forelands.
- Haimirich dispatches his men to mind the perimeter while you search for the presence of a rich lode beneath the trees. Mine ten chunks of titanium ore from nearby mineral deposits, and deliver them to the captain when you are done.
- Haimirich happily takes the ore, and, after Muscles returns from clearing the path homewards, bids you all return to Ishgard. Make your way back to the Holy See and speak with Haimirich there.
- You find Haimirich both happy and worried. The cause is Hatchling. The captain tells you that the lad has a bright future, but only if he can overcome his own pride. Failing that, he may very well find himself in a situation he cannot outlive. Though you feel there is more to this story, Haimirich suddenly changes subjects, and you sense that now is not the time to ask further.
※The next miner quest will be available from Haimirich upon reaching level 58.