Jump to navigation Jump to search
First Sword Mylla wishes to teach you the fundamentals of the gladitorial arts.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Speak with Wymond on the Steps of Nald.
- Search for proof of Aldis's innocence at the Sepulchre in southern Thanalan.
- Search for a phial of Rhalgr's Bile at the Sepulchre in southern Thanalan.
- Show the evidence to Mylla.
- Show the evidence to the priest at Highbridge in eastern Thanalan.
- Speak with Mylla at the Gladiator's Guild.
- Aldis has been arrested by the Brass Blades on suspicion of plotting to assassinate the sultana. Mylla believes the accusations to be an Alacran machination, and bids you to speak with Wymond on the Steps of Nald to see what information you can uncover regarding the conspiracy.
- Wymond informs you that the poison found in Aldis's possession was Rhalgr's Bile. The recipe for this rare and expensive concoction is said to be a closely guarded secret of the Corpse Brigade, a gang of criminals headquartered at the Sepulchre in southern Thanalan. Infiltrate the Sepulchre and search for evidence that proves the Corpse Brigade supplied the Alacran with the poison.
- Your search yields a vial of Rhalgr's Bile, along with records proving that the poison was sold to the Alacran, not Aldis. Report your findings to Mylla at the Gladiators' Guild.
- Although the guildmaster is overjoyed by your discovery, it seems your efforts may be for naught. The Sacrarium has ordered Aldis's execution, and your only hope of saving him is to present the evidence to the official overseeing the proceedings at Highbridge in eastern Thanalan. Hurry to the execution site and save Aldis from the headsman!
- Aldis's execution serves to draw Leavold out of hiding, and the former champions face each other in single combat. As they duel, you and your guildmates battle Alacran henchmen atop the bridge. You defeat the criminals in time to see Aldis disarm Leavold, who chooses to take his own life rather than surrender to his rival. Return to the Gladiators' Guild and discuss the events of recent days with Mylla.
- Having finally put an end to Leavold's machinations, Aldis decides to leave Ul'dah. Before he departs, he teaches you Shield Swipe, an advanced technique that serve him well in the Coliseum. He explains that he used it to defeat Leavold in his last official match seven years ago-- a match that triggered the events that would tear the two men and the woman they loved apart. After watching Aldis walk out of her life once more, Mylla rallies her gathered gladiators, declaring that they all have the potential for greatness-- but that it is up to them to determine their own destinies.