The Realm of the Gods
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Realm of the Gods
G'raha Tia is pondering how best to proceed.
— In-game description
- G'raha Tia is pondering how best to proceed.
- In order to solve the phantom realm's mysteries, G'raha believes that a thorough investigation is in order. But ere you are able to set off for Sharlayan to make the necessary arrangements, four mysterious beings appear who claim to be of the Twelve, the guardian deities of Eorzean myth. They declare that, in Hydaelyn's absence, they are the rightful rulers of the star, and you must prove your strength if mankind is to remain the master of his own destiny. After the gods take their leave, G'raha Tia expresses his uncertainty over the unexpected developments, but concedes that they may have far-reaching implications. So it is that you resolve to answer the gods' challenge, and formally accept the request to investigate the phantom realm.
- As you deliberate a course of action, Deryk reveals that he has previously explored the sanctums that lie beyond each gate in the Omphalos. Though he is no warrior, he offers to serve as your guide on your foray. And as strong as you are, G'raha Tia believes that it would be reckless to face an unknown threat by yourselves. As such, noting Byregot's instruction to assemble your comrades, he sets out to recruit your fellow adventurers to assist you. When you have completed your preparations, you may sally forth for whatever trials may await.
- ※Aglaia can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- Stepping through the gateway, you emerge in a domain of thunder and lightning not unlike that described in Eorzean legend. Soon you come face-to-face with the Builder, and after a furious struggle, succeed in bringing him to his knees. Yet your trials are far from over, for the deity bids you press on. And you do so, going on to encounter yet more divinities in the form of Rhalgr, Azeyma, and finally Nald'thal. Each provides you with stern contest, but you succeed in prevailing over them all. Your trials appearing to be at an end for now, you and Deryk make your way back to the Omphalos.
- Back in the Omphalos, you are joined by G'raha Tia and Krile. No sooner do you begin recounting your encounter with the four gods than the entities themselves manifest before you. Having given their assurance that they are not primals, the beings reveal that they need to do battle with you in order to fulfill their objective. And though they cannot reveal the details of said objective, they encourage you to seek out the truth. With that, they return to their sanctums, leaving you and your companions to mull over recent events.
- While much about the mighty beings remains shrouded in mystery, Krile takes some comfort in the fact that they seem reasonable. In considering your next step, she is eager to hear your detailed account of them.