The Last Pillar to Fall
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Last Pillar to Fall
Unukalhai has a request regarding the final eikon of the Warring Triad.
— In-game description
- Meet Unukalhai on the Flagship.
- Speak with Unukalhai.
- Proceed to Central Azys Lla.
- Speak with Unukalhai in Central Azys Lla.
- Speak with Unukalhai at the Rising Stones.
- Unukalhai has a request regarding the final eikon of the Warring Triad.
- Unukalhai informs you that the Scions have begun a search inside Azys Lla's research facility. They seek to locate the thralls responsible for maintaining the manifestation of the last remaining eikon of the Warring Triad, but certain sectors are too dangerous to enter for those not blessed with the Echo. Make your way to the Flagship, and wait for your comrades to arrive at the agreed rendezvous point.
- After arriving on Azys Lla with Unukalhai, your fellow Scions soon join you with the disturbing news that an imperial force once more occupies the facility. As Urianger ponders the inefficacy of his wards, Regula van Hydrus approaches your party and explains the reason for the magick's failure: a pulse of power from the soon-to-awaken Zurvan. The legatus quickly describes the dire situation, and urges you to join him and his troops in preventing the Demon's thralls from rousing their master. Hurry after Unukalhai, and delve into Central Azys Lla.
- You speak with Unukalhai, and he urges you to not fall behind the rest of your companions. The ritual must be stopped.
- You destroy the devices feeding aether to the stirring Zurvan, and return the eikon to a fitful slumber. But the temporary victory is not without a cost: in an unexpected act of heroism, Regula is struck down as he defends an overmatched Unukalhai. With his dying breath, the legatus bids you complete his duty, and slay the Demon and his followers. You withdraw with your companions, and the masked youth stands somewhat apart, shaken and disbelieving...
- Regula's sacrifice has afforded you the chance to strike at a weakened Zurvan. With their tasks assigned, your companions depart to secure the controls to the eikon's shackles. It falls to you and your handpicked company of warriors to bring oblivion to the Demon himself.
- You have felled the monstrous Zurvan. Make your way back to the Flagship.
- With the fall of Zurvan, the cataclysmic threat of the Warring Triad has at last been expunged. Even as your fellow Scions praise Regula's final heroic act, however, Unukalhai once more agonizes over his own inadequate strength. Return to the Rising Stones, and listen to the masked youth's story.
- Unukalhai removes his mask, and proceeds to reveal not only his features, but also the truth behind his origins. He speaks of his birth on a different star, and of how that world became what is now known as the void. Though born with the power of the Echo, Unukalhai describes how he was yet too young to contend with the forces that brought such ruination, and of how a sudden shift in the balance between Light and Dark can consign an entire world to oblivion. His spirit snatched into the safety of the rift by his present master, Unukalhai explains that he came to Hydaelyn determined to prevent the realm from suffering a similar fate. And now that he walks alongside the Scions and the Warrior of Light, he may just yet become the hero he was destined to be.