The Croak Queen
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Croak Queen
Cid looks expectantly in your direction.
— In-game description
- Speak with Alpha.
- Speak with Cid.
- Cid looks expectantly in your direction.
- With Biggs and Wedge not expected to report back for some time, Cid proposes that you move ahead with the tests. Your next opponent, Delta III, is apparently a being known as Halicarnassus, which Nero reveals to be the antagonist from a tale dating back to the Fourth Astral Era. Hearing this, Cid expresses surprise at the thought that Omega is deriving its subjects from works of fiction, at which moment Midgardsormr manifests to provide some timely insight. Omega, the Father of Dragons explains, has no soul and is therefore incapable of imagination; be it from fact or fiction, it must draw upon historic material in order to create. While the revelation excites Nero, it gives Cid a moment's pause, but he sets his questions aside in favor of focusing on the task at hand: defeating Halicarnassus. As has now become traditional, Alpha is waiting patiently for your signal to proceed.
- ※In the event that you leave the Interdimensional Rift, you may re-enter by speaking with the Ironworks hand at the Yawn.
- Alpha kwehs to you his readiness to enter the Deltascape. Once your own preparations are in order, you may step through the portal to do battle with Halicarnassus.
- ※Deltascape V3.0 can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- In the Deltascape, you confront Halicarnassus, the flamboyant and formidable Queen of Dimension Castle. Yet all her pomp and pageantry avails her naught as you succeed in dethroning her, your victory and her demise a recreation of the ages-old tale.
- With each new foe more dangerous than the last, Cid seems especially glad of your safe return. Thanks to your tireless efforts, but one test subject remains in the Deltascape. Take what rest you may, lest your next encounter prove a battle too far.