Shades of Sil'dih
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shades of Sil'dih
Ellie would share with you a shocking new turn in the phantom thief case.
— In-game description
- Speak with Wymond near Sunsilk Tapestries.
- Seek out information at Scholars' Walk.
- Speak with Hildibrand.
- Speak with Hildibrand at the Eighty Sins of Sasamo.
- Ellie would share with you a shocking new turn in the phantom thief case.
- Inspector's Log:
- I daresay, that spell of physical exertion at the Coliseum served well to clear my mind. My inquisitive senses feel even more heightened than ever! Most auspicious timing, as it would seem the fiend I pursue has set his sights on his greatest prize yet, an act which I am bound by duty and honor to foil. The exact nature of this final Belah'dian relic eludes me for the moment, but for Hildibrand─agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire─inspiration is always but a stone's throw away!
- * * *
- The news Ellie shares with you is chilling indeed. Three prominent citizens of the sultanate have been murdered in cold blood, and evidence at the scene suggests that the thief of many faces is responsible. Meanwhile, the exact nature of the fourth and final relic that the thief is targeting remains unknown. At a loss for leads, Ellie proposes a visit to the sultanate's leading information-monger. Seek out Wymond on the Steps of Nald.
- Details on the phantom thief's movements are scarce, with Wymond able to offer only the knowledge that the Sultansworn have redoubled their efforts to keep the royal vaults safe from your quarry. He accompanies this with an ominous warning that this case may prove more dangerous than your previous forays. Ellie remains undaunted, and bids you accompany her to the Heart of the Sworn to seek further information from those in the know.
- At your destination, you are reunited with none other than Humphrey, the erstwhile two-gil swindler who has since amended his ways and enlisted in the Sultansworn with dreams of serving the realm not unlike Hildibrand, whom he idolizes. In return for your efforts in introducing him to his newfound role model, he introduces you to Phillice, who is leading the investigation. She is being assisted by Consulting Inspector Briardien, who has devised an ingenious powder capable of dispelling the phantom thief's disguises, and Hildibrand, who is convinced he has something to offer the investigation as well. After a less-than-enlightening briefing from Phillice on the details of the murders, you prepare to take to the field. Consult with Hildibrand as to your next course of action.
- Hildibrand suggests that you begin your search at the Eighty Sins of Sasamo, where the most recent victim's body was discovered. Make your way to western Thanalan and rendezvous with the inspector.
- Your inspection of the crime scene turns up a scattering of flowers, soon revealed to be placed there by the victim's elderly mother in memory of her departed son. Seemingly driven half-mad in her grief, the old woman spins a chilling─if somewhat far-fetched─tale of living men turned to zombies by a vengeful specter wielding the powers of forbidden Sil'dihn alchemy. Doubtless Inspector Hildibrand has his own theories as to the plausibility of the woman's ramblings...