Old Heroes Never Die
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Old Heroes Never Die
The secretariat appears to have been waiting for you.
— In-game description
- Speak with Merlwyb at South Tidegate.
- Wait outside the Drowning Wench.
- Speak with Wheiskaet.
- Speak with the Maelstrom Secretariat.
- The secretariat appears to have been waiting for you.
- The secretariat brings grave tidings: a Lominsan merchantman carrying a haul of O'Ghomoro crystals was taken by a Sahagin raiding party. In light of this, Merlwyb suspects that the Crushing Tide have a mind to summon the Lord of the Whorl once more. In hopes of forestalling such a calamitous turn of events, she means to meet with her Sahagin ally Noll and his compatriots at South Tidegate, and bids you join her there.
- To your dismay, Noll confirms that Doww and the Crushing Tide do indeed seek to summon Leviathan in hopes of bolstering their ranks. With Limsa's forces already stretched thin defending the coast from teh beasts born of the Final Days, you suggest that the Company of Heroes might be summoned back to help combat the threat. Unfortunately, Merlwyb explains that they disbanded before the Calamity, and their leader has not been seen since. All hope is not lost, however, as Merlwyb has a plan, and asks that you meet her at the Drowning Wench for a discussion with the Company's erstwhile first mate, Wheiskaet.
- Joined by the other former members of the Company of Heroes, Wheiskaet listens patiently as Merlwyb makes her pitch. At first, he is reluctant to agree to the Admiral's proposal, but acquiesces when she states that you could lead them in their absent commander's stead. An arrangement is reached, and thus do you resolve to learn more of the storied veterans, that you might more effectively utilize their talents.
- A brief conversation with Wheiskaet and the individual members of the Company allows you to take stock of their abilities and assign each to the task which you deem them best suited. Your general plan of attack decided upon, the Company takes their leave, and you and Merlwyb decide to return to the Maelstrom Command to make preparations for the coming mission.
- Back at Malestrom Command, the secretariat furnishes you with a linkpearl, formally establishing a new linkshell with you and the Company of Heroes. Duly equipped, you resolve to stay at the ready until the time is right for you and those you command to enter the fray.
- ※The next role quest will be available from the Maelstrom secretariat upon reaching level 88 in any melee DPS class.