Jump to navigation Jump to search
— In-game description
- Wait for Hancock by the Bokairo Inn.
- Speak with Tsubaki.
- Enter Mount Rokkon.
- Speak with Tsubaki.
- Speak with Shallow Moor.
- Shallow Moor wishes a word with her favorite well-traveled adventurer.
- Shallow Moor wastes no time informing you of the latest odd job available through the gleaners' guildship: a request from none other than Hancock, which also happens to be addressed to you specifically. His letter bids you make for Hingashi to join in an expedition to Mount Rokkon. Though his ingratiating tone leaves much to be desired, the destination in question has never before been seen by ijin eyes, and so it seems a trip to Kugane is in order, that you might learn more of this rare opportunity.
- No sooner do you arrive at the Bokairo Inn than are you approached by the irrepressible Hancock, flanked by a pair of unfamiliar Hingan faces. Tsubaki and Tokimori are servants of the lord who presides over the lands containing Mount Rokkon, upon the slopes of which sits a monastery that has been overrun by spirits known as mononoke. Though Hancock is driven by his interest in the accursed treasures responsible for this infestation, the others are clearly concerned for the welfare of the smallfolk in the region. For an accomplished slayer of gods, the exorcision of a few unruly demons is surely not an unreasonable imposition...
- Ere you board the falcon that will take you deeper into Shishu, Tsubaki urges you to take every precaution for the trials that lie ahead. You steel yourself for an uphill climb, knowing that one false step may leave you at the mercy of foes from Hingan myth.
- ※Mount Rokkon can be accessed via the V&C Dungeon Finder.
- ※To open the V&C Dungeon Finder, speak with the Shishu falconer or select the option located under Duty in the main menu.
- Having laid low one of Mount Rokkon's mighty mononoke and claimed a trophy for Hancock's collection, you make your triumphant return to Kugane on the wings of the falconer's strongest bird. However, the Ul'dahn merchant appears to have fallen behind...
- After watching his belabored bird make its way across the sky, you finally welcome Hancock and his cargo back to solid ground. With the sights, sounds, and battles still fresh in his mind, the merchant wastes no time in regaling all present with his impressions of your adventure, as well as promising Lord Uzumibi's retainers your continued support in their efforts to rid Mount Rokkon of the demons─and by proxy Hancock's own personal quest for curios. For the time being, however, he must attend to other business, affording you an opportunity to share the promised tale of your exploits with Shallow Moor.
- Shallow Moor is pleased to see you returned, and more pleased still to hear the details of your journey to Mount Rokkon. Though the guildship considers the matter concluded, you remain acutely aware that mononoke yet lurk in the mountain's shadows...