Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wiltwaek has an update about the case.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- 1 Ramie Doublet of Crafting
- 1 Dhalmelskin Halfgloves of Crafting
- 1 Ramie Skirt
- 1 Dhalmelskin Shoes
- 4 Allagan Silver Piece
- Rendezvous with Chanene in Rowena's House of Splendors.
- Synthesize 3 bottles of Grade 1 Intelligence Dissolvent .
- Deliver the 3 bottles of Grade 1 Intelligence Dissolvent to Rowena.
- Report to Wiltwaek.
- Show the Allagan crozier to Severian at the Alchemists' Guild.
- Return the Allagan crozier to Wiltwaek.
- Wiltwaek has an update about the case.
- Wiltwaek informs you of two things. Firstly, the Near Eastern youth you captured shows no signs of recovering, and no one has any idea who he is. Secondly, one of the recently stolen Allagan artifacts has turned up at Rowena's House of Splendors. Chanene has gone ahead to investigate, and Wiltwaek bids you join her there.
- Rowena is willing to aid in your investigation─for the price of high-quality grade 1 intelligence dissolvent. Concoct three bottles to loosen the merchant's tongue.
- Happy with your exchange, Rowena hands you an Allagan crozier, and gives her description of its seller. Chanene believes this is a thief of local infamy, but cannot help but wonder whether such a burglar would have any knowledge of alchemy. Before she can go on, a suspicious man appears to inquire into the crozier. After he leaves, an excited Chanene tells you she means to tail him, and asks that you relay the same to Wiltwaek.
- You hurry to Wiltwaek, and tell him where Chanene has gone. However, he receives word from her directly that the suspect gave her the slip. Wiltwaek decides it is better to ascertain why this odd fellow wanted to purchase the crozier than pursue him blindly. Make your way to the Alchemists' Guild in Ul'dah, and ask Guildmaster Severian why an alchemist would want an Allagan crozier.
- Guildmaster Severian's usual impatience melts away once he sees what you have brought. He tells you of a legend in which Allag could grow men from nothing, and that the key component of this process was the crystal that lies at the heart of the crozier. Though he himself thinks this nonsense, he understands why certain alchemists would covet this power. Return to Wiltwaek, and tell him what you have discovered.
- You return to find both Wiltwaek and Chanene subdued. The reason, you soon learn, is that they have found your suspects' lair─a dark cave used to perform terrible experiments upon living people. Thanks to your description of the crozier, Wiltwaek creates a profile of a criminal mastermind, a mad alchemist ironically willing to murder in pursuit of the power to create life. Worried, Chanene asks that you continue to lend your aid, lest more innocent townsfolk die.
- ※The next alchemist quest will be available from Wiltwaek upon reaching level 58.