First Impressions (MSQ)
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
- See also: First Impressions (Side Quest)
— In-game description
- Speak with Rosa Hawthorne.
- Rolfe tells you that it would be unwise to greet the sylphs without a proper gift, but he has trouble remembering exactly what the gift should be. However, it is possible that his wife, Rosa, can tell you. Speak with her at Fullflower Comb to see what she has to say.
- Though she does not fully understand why, Rosa informs you that the sylphs are said to be quite fond of milkroot, which can be obtained from ochus. In order to find one such ochu, take the amber syrup given to you by Rosa and pour it on the curious tussock in the Honey Yard. Once uncovered, slay the ochu, and pray that you find some milkroot among its remains.
- Your prayers have been answered, and you have the milkroot in your possession. Take your prize back to Rolfe at the Hawthorne Hut to ensure that it is indeed a suitable offering for the sylphs.
- Rolfe immediately recognizes the milkroot upon your presentation of it, and is sure that sylphs will appreciate the offering. Just take care not to inhale too many of the fumes yourself before giving it to the sylphs.