Brave New World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This article is about the sidequest. For the Free Company buff, see Brave New World (Action).
Brave New World
- Quest giver
- Dig Site Chief
- The Puppets' Bunker (X:9.8, Y:14.3)
- Quest line
- YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse Quests
- Previous quest
- Konogg, Alone
- Next quest
- It Takes a Village
The dig site chief is determined to find Konogg, come what may.
— In-game description
- 1 Widespread Illness Orchestrion Roll
- 1 Possessed by Disease Orchestrion Roll
- 1 Faltering Prayer (Dawn Breeze) Orchestrion Roll
- Investigate the entrance to the bridge.
- Enter the Tower at Paradigm's Breach.
- Speak with the dig site chief.
- The dig site chief is determined to find Konogg, come what may.
- Despite your apprehensions, the dig site chief insists upon accompanying you into the Puppets' Bunker. Knowing he is driven by his worry for Konogg, you have no choice but to acquiesce, and lead on into the installation.
- You make your way to the alien ship in search of Konogg, but what greets you instead is the mysterious orb you encountered once before─along with numerous versions of 2P, clearly plotting something. Though Anogg─or the girl you have known as Anogg, at least─rushes in with 2B and 9S and urges you to destroy the sphere, it is already too late. A pale and foreboding tower grows before your very eyes, spiraling up to the heavens.
- ※The Tower at Paradigm's Breach can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- You overcome the network of consciousnesses that guard the tower, and ascend up, up, and further still, where you find yourself face-to-face with a god of uncommon make. Though you narrowly prevent it from claiming dominion over this world, the portal in the sky that heralded its advent remains despite your android companions' best efforts. Only Anogg's intervention sees it closed at last, as she passes through and closes the gate from the other side─leaving you with naught more than a simple letter by which to answer Konogg's inevitable questions.
- The portal now sealed for good, you take in your surroundings, and find the unmoving shells of 2B and 9S. In audio data located by your pod, 2B explains that, as she and 9S had once come to the First by way of the orb's power, its gate could not truly be closed so long as the androids remained. She vows to preserve the memory of all that has happened, however, and her final message to you is one of thanks.
- You leave the crater and seek out the dig site chief, who found the tower's sudden disappearance quite as unnerving as its creation, but seems otherwise no worse for wear. While much you have seen bears contemplation at a later time, for now you may take simple satisfaction in your victory─great as its price may have been.