- See also: Housing
Aquariums, released in Patch 3.4, are a type of interior furnishing housing item that allows you to display fish caught from the various reaches of Eorzea in a free company house, personal house, private chamber, or apartment.
- “Your prized fish will go unnoticed no longer with an aquarium in the house! They're available in four sizes to accommodate aquatic creatures of all kinds. The tank can also be dressed up with one of several designs to show off your latest catch in style.”
- — [FFXIV Patch 3.4 Soul surrender Promotional Site]
Before placing fish in an aquarium, players may choose to fill the tank with either freshwater or saltwater. This will dictate which types of fish can be placed in the aquarium. Please be advised that, in order to change the water type, any fish in the tank must be removed. Freshwater and saltwater fish cannot be placed in an aquarium together.
Aquariums per Estate
Starting with patch 4.3, multiple aquariums are now allowed per estate regardless of size:
|Estate Size||Max Aquariums|
|Private Chamber / Apartment||4|
Fish have been categorized into four sizes: small, medium, large, and extra large. Larger fish will occupy more space capacity in an aquarium, leaving less room for other fish. There is no difference between normal quality and high quality fishes.
|Fish Size||Space Capacity Occupied|
|Extra Large (XL)||7|
Aquariums are available in four sizes, the smallest holding only a single small fish, and the largest holding up to four. Because larger fish take up more room in the aquarium, one must choose carefully which fish they will put on display. Any fish removed from the aquarium will be lost / destroyed.
|Aquarium Tier||Max Capacity||Max Number Fish|
|Tier 1 Aquarium||1||1 Fish|
|Tier 2 Aquarium||2||2 Fishes|
|Tier 3 Aquarium||4||3 Fishes|
|Tier 4 Aquarium||7||4 Fishes|
- Example 1: The Euphotic Pirarucu, an extra large fish, will only fit into a Tier 4 Aquarium.
- Example 2: You can only have a max of 4 Copperfishs (small fish) in a Tier 4 Aquarium despite the tank having 7 capacity.
Accessories in the form of trimmings can be used to change the interior appearance of the water tank. Accessories will be destroyed when removed from the aquarium. Currently there are six trimmings available:
- Brooklet Tank Trimmings
- Crystalscape Tank Trimmings
- Moonlit Tank Trimmings
- Ruby Sea Tank Trimmings
- Southern Sea Tank Trimmings
- Sunken Treasure Tank Trimmings
Players can purchase all tank trimmings except Moonlit Tank Trimmings from the following NPCs:
- Material Supplier - The Goblet (x13.5, y10.9)
- Material Supplier - The Lavender Beds (x11.9, y8.3)
- Material Supplier - Mist (x11.0, y11.0)
- Material Supplier - Shirogane (x11.0, y12.0)
- Apartment Merchant - Kobai Goten Apartment Lobby (x6.1, y6.0)
- Apartment Merchant - Lily Hills Apartment Lobby (x6.1, y6.0)
- Apartment Merchant - Sultana's Breath Apartment Lobby (x6.1, y6.0)
- Apartment Merchant - Topmast Apartment Lobby (x6.1, y6.0)
Moonlit Tank Trimmings are obtained through the duty The Minstrel's Ballad: Tsukuyomi's Pain. They can be traded or purchased through the market board.
You can find a list of all the possible fish that can be placed in the aquarium in the Aquarium Settings interface. Any fish removed from the aquarium will be lost / destroyed. There is no difference between normal quality and high quality fishes.
Reminder: Freshwater and saltwater fish cannot be placed in an aquarium together.