An Unwanted Truth
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An Unwanted Truth
Philiot is searching for a friend of Garlond Ironworks.
— In-game description
- Speak with Philiot in Azys Lla at Matter Conduit VI-VII.
- Use the Duty Finder to enter The Fractal Continuum (Hard).
- Speak with Philiot at Matter Conduit VI-VII.
- Speak with Philiot.
- As he tells it, Garlond Ironworks has detected a strange energy signature emanating from the Fractal Continuum in Azys Lla. Knowing what Allagan horrors once roamed its confines, they dare not investigate alone. To that end, Philiot was sent to request your assistance. You consent, and he readies himself for a long journey to Azys Lla.
- You arrive at Azys Lla to find Philiot consulting with himself about one of the teleporters at Matter Conduit VI–VII. From what you can hear of his conversation, an intruder in the Fractal Continuum has triggered its anti-intruder systems, ruling out entrance via teleportation. The thought of piloting the Enterprise to get inside terrifies Philiot. Thankfully, he will be accompanied by the Warrior of Light. With you at his side, he musters up the courage to board the airship and embark on a journey to the depths of the Allagans' great technological museum.
- The Fractal Continuum was plagued with all manner of chimerical horrors, and even prototypes for one of the Allagans' most dreaded creations─the Ultima Weapon. Much to Philiot's relief, your surpassing strength proved the reason for their inferiority. With the source of the strange signal decommissioned, he suggests returning to Matter Conduit VI–VII to confirm the teleporters are once again operational.
- The teleporters are fully functional, but there still remains the matter of the intruder who first locked them. You spy an Ixal in the distance with his head hung low whom Philiot presumes was the cause for your troubles. Considering the difficulty of reaching Azys Lla via an ordinary airship, he surmises the Ehcatl Nine are the only Ixal with the technological know-how to have made the voyage. He wishes to have a word with them for fear of another incident in the Fractal Continuum.
- You arrive in the Black Shroud to find Kezul, the Ixal who ventured to Azys Lla, being scolded by the leader of the Ehcatl Nine, Sezul. Though he is furious at Kezul for stealing their airship, Sezul calms himself to ask why he would risk his life to return there. The answer is alarming. Among the chimerical monstrosities lining the walls of the Fractal Continuum, Kezul came across a creature that bears a striking resemblance to the Ixal. He soon came to the startling realization that they are a failed experiment of the Allagans, and the Ayatlan they yearned to return to is nothing more than a test tube. Sezul cares not for this revelation, reminding Kezul the dreams of the Ehcatl Nine were born from no one but themselves. They agree to keep this truth hidden from the others, and continue to search for a place the Ixal can call paradise.
- Philiot is moved by the strength of Sezul's conviction. His resolve to continue pursuing a paradise for the Ixal has movitated Philiot to pursue his aspirations of becoming an engineer worthy of Garlond Ironworks.