Against the Shadow
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Against the Shadow
Widargelt has urgent tidings for you.
— In-game description
- Speak with Widargelt south of Dalamud's Talons.
- Speak with Widargelt.
- Speak with Widargelt at Revenant's Toll.
- Defeat D'zentsa and O'tchakha!
- Widargelt has urgent tidings for you.
- Widargelt informs you that he has received a letter from his former students, D'zentsa and O'tchakha, who bid the two of you come to Dalamud's Talons. Though their agenda is a mystery, Widargelt has questions of his own that he would ask them. Make your way to northern Thanalan and participate in the meeting.
- At the meeting, D'zentsa and O'tchakha explain that there exist two aspects of chakra, one each for the sect of light and the sect of shadow; in order to open a chakra of an aspect not his own, a monk must fight a disciple of the opposing sect. To that end, the two Miqo'te attack you and Widargelt, the battle ending with all four combatants experiencing their chakra opening. Having thus accomplished their task, D'zentsa and O'tchakha take their leave, but not before begging you to give up being a monk. Speak with Widargelt to learn his mind on these revelations.
- Unsurprisingly, Widargelt has no intention of relinquishing his dreams of rebuilding the Fist of Rhalgr. However, if you are to deal with the threat posed by the sect of shadow, you must learn more about the two aspects of chakra. Professor Erik will soon be arriving at Revenant's Toll to share with you his insights on the subject. Make your way back to the settlement and be present for what will surely prove to be a most enlightening experience.
- Professor Erik supplements your knowledge of the history of the Fist of Rhalgr. The order was once formed of two distinct yet united sects─one of light and one of shadow. Alas, the members of the latter were expelled in the wake of a bitter feud over the order's alliance with the royal house of Ala Mhigo. The professor then appends that members of the two sects once faced one another in single combat to open all fourteen chakra. Widargelt cannot understand why the sect of shadow insists on fighting rather than cooperating. In order to find the answer, he declares his intent to confront D'zentsa and O'tchakha once more. In the meantime, focus on mastering the new power that has been unleashed inside you.