A Royal Request
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Royal Request
- Quest giver
- Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (X:10.7, Y:13.4)
- Required quest
- The Far Edge of Fate
- Previous quest
- Two Hearts Beat as One
- Next quest
- Gemworks in Progress
Serendipity is a picture of panic.
— In-game description
- Speak with Marcel at Spineless Basin.
- Speak with Jemime at the Goldsmiths' Guild.
- Serendipity is a picture of panic.
- On a sudden visit to the Goldsmiths' Guild, Her Royal Majesty Nanamo Ul Namo informs you of her initiative to breathe new life into Ala Mhigo's war-stalled economy. The plan involves establishing an artisans' school training goldsmiths, and the sultana would have you be its schoolmaster. Betokening her hopes for the school, she donates a priceless heirloom for use in your work—her lady mother's jewel-studded crown—and you cannot help but oblige her request. Your apprentices-to-be have already gathered at Spineless Basin in central Thanalan, and Marcel bids you join him there for a meet and greet.
- You arrive at Spineless Basin to find three goldsmith hopefuls. In your capacity as schoolmaster, Marcel suggests that you say a word to each of them.
- You have acquainted yourself with your new students and learned of their varied backgrounds. Make your way back to the Goldsmiths' Guild, where Jemime awaits you with word of new developments.
- You are introduced to your deputy, the cultivated Emeloth, who will be stationed at the school when it opens in Rhalgr's Reach. Until such time as the lessons begin, continue honing your craft that you might be better prepared for the challenges of training a new generation of goldsmiths—and ultimately contribute to Ala Mhigo's economic revival.