Where the Heart Is (Mist)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Where the Heart Is (Mist)
Ahctkoen has information that may interest wealthy adventurers.
— In-game description
- Ahctkoen has information that may interest wealthy adventurers.
- Rumor has it that plots within Mist are to be auctioned off, and that even foreigners will be permitted to purchase them. Should you wish to learn more, Ahctkoen advises you to search for a Maelstrom representative outside the gates to Mist in lower La Noscea.
- Roeganlona explains that only adventurers will be permitted to settle in Mist, as part of an initiative to encourage their immigration to Limsa Lominsa. Though it would require substantial funds to build and maintain an estate, she assures you that it would be well worth the expense, and encourages you to visit Mist so that you may see the lands for yourself.
- As promised, Mist exceeds all expectation. To learn more about the residential area, speak with the storm recruit stationed near the entrance.
- Alas, the recruit confirms that Lominsan citizens are prohibited from purchasing plots in Mist. Doubtless many adventurers will flock to the region-- and many Lominsans like Ahctkoen will envy them deeply. Perhaps it would be best if you were the one to deliver the bad news to him.
- Ahctkoen is understandably disappointed that he cannot participate in the land auctions, though he is aware that in these troubled times Limsa Lominsa must rely on adventurers more than ever. Should you share his dream of home ownership, it would behoove you to speak with the cretaker-in-residence in Mist to learn more.
Accepting the quest
Ahctkoen: Mind looking into something for me, adventurer? It may even be of interest to you, in fact. Ahctkoen: I'm told that plots within Mist are to be auctioned off. You, me—hells, even a Twelve-damned wandering minstrel could purchase their own piece of La Noscea! Ahctkoen: And upon that plot of land you'd be free to build a house for you and yours. You can't tell me that the thought isn't at least slightly appealing, can you? Ahctkoen: 'Tis a bit surprising that the thalassocracy had the time and resources to prepare such an area, what with the kobolds and the primals causing all manner of trouble... Ahctkoen: But who am I to judge the priorities of politicians, much less pirates, eh? Besides, I'd like nothing more than to own my own home! Ahctkoen: I've yet to verify the truth of the tale just yet, though. If you've no objections to taking a detour from your adventures, why not head towards the gate to Mist and see if there's a Maelstrom representative who can confirm or deny these land auctions?
Speaking to Roeganlona
Roeganlona: Hm? What is it, adventurer? Ah, yes, the auctions. Roeganlona: By order of the Admiral herself, Mist and all plots within are to be sold exclusively to adventurers, so as to encourage their immigration to Limsa Lominsa. Roeganlona: Why only adventurers, you ask? Practical necessity, really. Roeganlona: Limsa Lominsa is in dire need of fresh blood—capable, courageous adventurers who will fight her foes and protect her interests. Those who build a home here will have that much more incentive to aid us. Roeganlona: As for what manner of place Mist is, I think it best that you journey there and see for yourself. Roeganlona: Please direct any other questions you might have to the recruit stationed just past the entrance.
Speaking to the Storm Recruit
Storm Recruit: Greetings, adventurer, and welcome to Mist. Storm Recruit: Hm? A Lominsan sent you, you say? Storm Recruit: Ah... That's unfortunate. All Lominsans are barred from participating in the auctions, you see, on account of the fact that they're...well, Lominsan. Admiral's decree. Storm Recruit: If you find the area to your liking, though, please consider speaking with the resident caretaker. She can guide you through the process of purchasing a plot for yourself.
Reporting back to Ahctkoen
Ahctkoen: There you are! What news have you brought me? Ahctkoen: For the purposes of luring adventurers to Limsa Lominsa? That's unfortunate, but it does explain a great deal. Ahctkoen: <sigh> Looks like my dream of owning my own home will have to wait a little longer... But don't you worry about me! My day will come soon enough!