When It Rains
Jump to navigation Jump to search
When It Rains
Judging by his countenance, the manager of suites has ill tiding for you.
— In-game description
- If the gauge representing Crystarium forces depletes, you will fail this instance and will have to start over.
- Throughout this fight, Alphinaud and Alisaie will fight alongside you. Later on, Y'shtola, Urianger, Thancred, and Minfilia will join you.
- Take note of allied AoE markers for swifter kills.
- When you reach a split in the path to the Ostall Imperative, Thancred and Minfilia will leave.
- Once you reach the Ostall Imperative, you have to protect 5 Crystarium Guards while fending off the enemies.
- Defeating the final enemy, Forgiven Hypocrisy will end the duty. But be warned, it will summon 3 adds that will make it untargetable. Kill them quickly when they appear. After that, a horde of enemies will appear. Alisaie will kill them off.
- Survey the Exedra.
- Activate the first anchor.
- Activate the second anchor.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- ※ Solo Duty will comence upon speaking with Alphinaud.
- Speak with Alisaie.
- Judging by his countenance, the manager of suites has ill tidings for you.
- You learn from the manager of suites that Lakeland is under attack by a host of sin eaters, though he assures you that the Crystarium will remain secure. Nevertheless eager to help, you agree to check on the citizens gathered at the Exedra in case any are in need of aid.
- The people of the Crystarium seem unaffected by the threat bearing down upon their city–by contrast to the recently returned Alisaie, who rightly finds the presence of sin eaters beneath the reclaimed sky rather unsettling. Any theories as to their provenance will have to wait, however, as Alphinaud arrives to inform you that several anchors around the city must activated before the protective barrier that serves as its primary defense can take effect. This process is best completed sooner rather than later, so you and Alisaie agree to assist.
- After wending your way through the city, you find the first anchor on a bridge above the Rotunda. You pull down on its handle, and the glow it emits indicates that it is now active.
- You activate the second anchor, and moments later, a faceted barrier weaves its way up from the array of devices to shield the Crystarium—and rebuffs a full dozen sin eaters in the nick of time. The Leveilleur twins, having arrived to witness the scene with you, indicate that your next destination will be the battlefiend in the Lakeland wilds, where Lyna and her people are already engaging the eater host.
- You take to the field with Alphinaud and Alisaie, and immediately set to aiding the beleaguered Crystarium troops, cutting down eater after eater as you make your way across Lakeland. Though your group is able to save many, you find yourself witness to death at every turn. You eventually encounter Y'shtola and Urianger, who join you in your rush to the Imperative, as well as Thancred and Minfilia, who split from your party in pursuit of a powerful eater.
- You reach the Ostall Imperative to find it beset by eaters, its defenders beleaguered and bleeding. After a pitched battle against manifold foes, you triumph, seizing an advantage that will make it possible for Crystairum force to reclaim Lakeland and drive back any stragglers.
- After the battle is decided at last, you speak with Alisaie. She confirms that procedures for ensuring proper care of the wounded are already well underway. As for the other casualties... the Crystarium will likely long be mourning not only those lost to death, but to the sin eater horde as well.