Traditions and Travails
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Traditions and Travails
- Quest giver
- The Crystarium (X:10.7, Y:15.4)
- Quest line
- Shadowbringers Role Quests
- Required quest
- Warrior of Darkness (Quest)
- Next quest
- Affronts and Allies
A hearty-looking dwarf stands before you, draining a flagon of ale remarkably swiftly given the helmet.
— In-game description
- Speak with Giott in the Forest of the Lost Shepherd.
- Slay the wolverine.
- Aid Giott.
- Speak with Giott at the Wandering Stairs.
- A hearty-looking dwarf stands before you, draining a flagon of ale remarkably swiftly given the helmet.
- After a brief exchange on the subject of dwarven manners and your own abilities, Giott solicits your assistance in hunting a particular sin eater. In the name of safety, however, you must first demonstrate your skill in the field to prove that you are up to the task.
- You arrive at the Forest of the Lost Shepherd where, for reasons as yet profoundly unclear, Giott immediately antagonizes a local wolverine. Having made no effort in the name of defense, the dwarf is prone on the hard dirt path in the blink of an eye. As the ferocious beast shows no sign that this initial assault has sated it, it would be prudent to render assistance sooner rather than later.
- You make short work of the wolverine, though Giott is still unable to stand. It appears that you will be giving a demonstration of field medicine in addition to offensive magic.
- You swiftly tend to Giott's not inconsiderable injuries. Upon regaining verticality─if not dignity─the dwarf remarks in surprise and delight at your ability. Though this entire experience has raised rather many questions as to your would-be comrade's soundness of judgment, you nevertheless agree to meet again at the Crystarium.
- After making your partnership official─and consuming quite a bit more ale─Giott at last divulges information on your target. The sin eater's name is Sophrosyne, though in life it was none other than Lamitt─the healer you once met during your confrontation with the Warriors of Darkness, and, according to your new friend, a shameful excuse for a dwarf. This assessment gives you much to ponder, which may be for the best, as Giott seems unwilling to begin actually hunting for the creature before imbibing yet more alcohol.