Affronts and Allies
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
Affronts and Allies
Giott shows no sign of having ceased drinking at any point since your last meeting.
— In-game description
- Speak with Giott at the Leaky Keel.
- Slay a sin eater at the destination.
- Slay a sin eater at the next destination.
- Report to Giott.
- Speak with Giott at the Wandering Stairs.
- After displaying high alcohol tolerance and higher enthusiasm for getting on people's nerves, Giott eventually gets around to suggesting that you observe Sophrosyne for yourself to gain an understanding of its abilities─in particular, the power it uses to heal both itself and other sin eaters. Fortunately, your quarry was recently spotted in Kholusia, so tracking it down in order to do so should not be unduly difficult.
- Giott─tankard in hand once again─proposes that the quickest way to lure Sophrosyne will be to create sin eaters in need of healing. As a few have apparently found their way to the Bright Cliff, you only need head there to locate one or two suitable for slaying.
- In accordance with the plan, you slay an errant sin eater. It may be prudent to seek out another and add it to the pile to ensure that Sophrosyne takes the bait, however.
- Having slain several sin eaters between the two of you, all that is left for you and Giott is to find a suitably out-of-the-way spot and wait. Whether or not your collection of corpses is enough to attract Sophrosyne's attention will be revealed in due course.
- Your plan is successful in drawing out Sophrosyne. As you watch it weave its magic, however, you are struck with a sudden vision, courtesy of the Echo. In it, you see Lamitt meeting Ardbert for the first time─the beginning of their ill-fated journey. Head spinning, you agree to rejoin Giott at the Crystarium.
- Though you have now seen Sophrosyne healing a fellow sin eater, the matter of how to prevent it from doing so in the future remains unresolved. For lack of any immediate plan of action, Giott sends you on your way, promising to think of something in the coming days─whilst continuing to imbibe, of course.