The Next Piece of the Puzzle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Next Piece of the Puzzle
Ryne appears to have been overcome by exhaustion.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Ryne appears to have been overcome by exhaustion.
- The strain of exerting her will over Eden has clearly taken its toll on Ryne, who is nevertheless determined to continue her work to reclaim the Empty. Thancred insists that she takes time to recuperate, although she only agrees to do so when Urianger states that she risks losing control of Eden should she succumb to her exhaustion, which is exacerbated by prolonged exposure to the Empty's stagnant aether. Thancred points out that the same is likely to be true for the girl who had earlier led the attack on Eden and still lies comatose. As Ryne will be heading back to Mord Souq, he asks her to arrange with your Crystarium associates to have the enigmatic stranger carried to a safer location. He also suggests that you go with Ryne, since you too have been hard-pressed of late and would benefit from a change of scene.
- On the long journey back to Amh Araeng by skyslipper, you sense that something is on Ryne's mind. It is only after you arrive, however, that she shows any willingness to discuss the matter.
- Ryne confesses that when she first shared her discovery of the Light emanating from the Empty, she was scared of what she might find there. Having bravely pressed on in spite of her apprehensions, she now sees the expedition as a worthwhile endeavor, which has not only helped her grow as an individual, but also has the potential to bring lasting change to the First. Although she has been buoyed by all of the recent progress made with Eden, she is still concerned as to how to approach the comatose girl when she finally awakens. Ryne is considering the possibility that your former adversary was being manipulated somehow and that an understanding may yet be reached, while at the same time recognizing the threat that the girl poses to your mission should she reject your attempts to make peace. For the time being, there is little that can be done other than wait for her to recover. Meanwhile, Ryne still has errands to run before she can rest, so you prepare to make the last leg of the journey to Mord Souq.
- In Mord Souq, Ryne introduces you to a pair of specialists who have been included in your plans. Ghul Gul, a local merchant, wishes to trade various pieces of equipment in exchange for relics gleamed from the Empty, while Lewrey of the Crystarium will be providing additional transportation and supplies. Ryne wishes to discuss with the latter the task of moving the voidsent girl from your camp, although such a topic is not one for the ears of the surrounding market-goers. Before leaving, she offers words of thanks for your efforts thus far and expresses her eagerness to return to the Empty as soon as she is able.