The Company We Keep
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Company We Keep
Alisaie can tell you are itching to take the fight to the Telophoroi.
— In-game description
- Speak with the Resistance guard in the Ala Mhigan Quarter.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Speak with Alisaie.
- Speak with Riol at Castrum Oriens.
- Feeling suitably recovered from your exertions at the battle of Paglth'an, you return to the Rising Stones to meet with your comrades. No sooner have you exchanged greetings than an envoy arrives with a message from the Alliance. Apparently, a historic assembly will shortly be taking place in Ala Mhigo, and the Scions' presence is requested. In addition to the usual Alliance representatives, delegates from the various beast tribes have been invited to attend, in the hope that all the peoples of Eorzea might unite under a single banner.
- After an uncertain start, the meeting in Ala Mhigo proceeds remarkably smoothly, with the Alliance and the beast tribes agreeing to set aside their differences and join forces against their common foe, the Telophoroi. The talks culminate in the founding of the Grand Company of Eorzea, a dream long nurtured by Alphinaud in particular.
- Outside the palace, you and Alphinaud are met by Kan-E-Senna, who requests that you visit the sylphs of the Ashcrown Consortium. As traders in crystal, they are well versed in negotiating with the many and varied peoples of Eorzea, and their counsel should be greatly beneficial to the newly formed coalition. Alphinaud also wishes to take this opportunity to draft a proposal based on his experiences as commander of the Crystal Braves, and offer it to the Grand Company of Eorzea that it may avoid a similar fate.
- Before making his proposal, Alphinaud resolves to collect the testimonies of those who once served as Crystal Braves. Being the order's former commander, however, he acknowledges that he is unlikely to receive honest answers from those who abandoned the cause. So Alisaie and G'raha volunteer to seek out said individuals, while you and Alphinaud turn your attention to those who joined the Scions of the Seventh Dawn.
- At Castrum Oriens, you meet with Riol and Alianne, former Crystal Braves who now serve as Scions. They explain that while the Crystal Braves were formed with the best of intentions, some members were more devoted to the cause than others, with many seeking to use their status for personal gain. Struck by this observation, Alphinaud ponders how best to unite the Grand Company of Eorzea in pursuit of a single purpose.