Stroking the Haft
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Stroking the Haft
— In-game description
- Deliver the parcel to Hunberct at the Weavers' Guild.
- Speak with E'tajha Sapphire–eyes in Ul'dah.
- Speak with E'lahmui Ruby–eyes in Ul'dah.
- Return to the Weavers' Guild.
- Speak with Hunberct at the Weavers' Guild.
- The deputy postmoogle has a parcel intended for a renowned personage currently visiting in Ul'dah.
- The deputy postmoogle entrusts you with a package from the sylphs of Little Solace addressed to “the long one,” Hunberct Longhaft, temporarily on leave from his duties to acquire goods in Ul'dah. Seek out the Brass Blade captain at the Weavers' Guild.
- Hunberct Longhaft explains that the parcel contains an ample supply of sylph-woven silk, a fabric which─if you are understanding his analogy correctly─he insists would somehow allow his fighting unit room to grow and reach its full potential. That said, he would hear the opinions of his loyal followers before placing his final order. Seek out E'tajha Sapphire–eyes and E'lahmui Ruby–eyes, who have accompanied their captain to Ul'dah.
- You find Hunberct's loyal followers scouring the guilds, looking for gifts intended to earn their captain's favor. From what you can gather, the Miqo'te hope that such trinkets will nudge Hunberct toward honoring them with the privilege of operating some lever at Highbridge...though why they covet this seemingly mundane duty is not immediately clear. Return to the Weavers' Guild and inform Hunberct that his subordinates are on their way.
- Upon your approach to the Weavers' Guild, you spy E'tajha and E'lahmui arguing about whose gift is more suitable for Hunberct. The dispute ends with each accusing the other of not being worthy of polishing the captain's blade─a clear exaggeration, as both are soldiers who are doubtless capable of performing menial weapon maintenance tasks. With tempers running high, make haste into the guild and seek out the captain before the situation can get out of hand.
- You return to the captain, who is quick to assure his two followers─sisters, in fact─that he is fond of all under his command. After putting on a display of the garments he had commissioned from the guild─a display which pleases the girls greatly─he orders them to prepare for the journey back to Highbridge. After the sisters depart, he proceeds to reveal their past, beginning from when the Brass Blades freed the two from slavery as young girls. Years later, having reached womanhood and hearing many tales about the Longhaft's unit, they sought him out and offered their services. Moved by this touching tale of pure love and devotion, you resolve to lend your strength to Hunberct and his regiment should you come upon them at Highbridge.