Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Quest giver
- Old Sharlayan (X:9.1, Y:11.3)
- Quest line
- Endwalker Main Scenario Quests
- Previous quest
- Returning Home
- Next quest
- The Blasphemy Unmasked
Tataru is furrowing her brow in consternation
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Head to the main hall.
- Journey to Thavnair.
- Speak with Ahewann.
- Enter Vanaspati.
- Speak with Ahewann.
- Tataru is furrowing her brow in consternation.
- A visibly distressed Tataru informs you of grave tidings from far-off Radz–at–Han. It would appear your fellow Scions have already assembled in the main hall to discuss the situation, and you resolve to join them as soon as you are able.
- The news from Radz–at–Han is dire indeed. The heavens burn red, and unholy beasts run rampant, preying upon the people─indeed, the Final Days have come. With Krile and Tataru remaining behind to support your expedition as best they may, you prepare to depart with your companions to investigate the precise nature and extent of this calamity, and to combat it to the best of your ability.
- Thavnair is truly the stuff of nightmares. More disturbing than the rampaging beasts, however, are the words of Ahewann, satrap of Radz–at–Han, who shares with you the revelation that the monstrosities that plague the city are his own countrymen, transformed by forces unknown. The largest and most fearsome of the creatures─dubbed a “blasphemy” by the local populace─has fled north after wreaking havoc on the city. The dragon Vrtra, guardian of Thavnair, and the Radiant Host have already been dispatched in pursuit, and the satrap would have you join them.
- At the docks, Ahewann briefs you on the plan of attack. You and your fellow Scions are to circle to the north side of the island by boat, and hunt for the blasphemy deep within the sacred jungle of Vanaspati. Looking out over the waters, you steel yourself for the battle to come.
- ※Speak with your companion NPCs outside the instance entrance if you wish to enlist them for this duty.
- ※Use the Duty Finder if you wish to complete the instance alongside fellow players.
- You and your companions succeed in putting down the blasphemy, thereby eliminating the greatest threat to the people of Thavnair. There is little cause to rejoice, however, as yet more disturbing news has come to light: the ill-fated men-turned-beasts were bereft of all their aether─not only their lives, but their very souls are beyond saving. With newfound resolve to uncover the true cause of the transformations and put an end to them for good, you and your companions make to survey the area one last time before returning to Radz–at–Han.
- Though the blasphemy itself has fallen, the battle against the beastly horde rages on in the skies above. Entrusting the task of defending the island from above to the dragon Vrtra─who grudgingly allows Estinien a place upon his back─you prepare to return to Radz–at–Han with your companions. There, you will reconvene with Ahewann, that you might share the knowledge you have acquired and see how the city fares.
- Ahewann welcomes you back to the city, and reports with some relief that the lingering beasts that yet plagued the city have been dispatched. Though the immediate threat has passed, however, it is no time to rest easy, for there is no telling where and when the next transformation might occur...