No Greater Sport
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No Greater Sport
- Quest giver
- The Crystarium (X:10.8, Y:15.9)
- Quest line
- Shadowbringers Role Quests
- Required quest
- Warrior of Darkness (Quest)
- Melee DPS or
Physical Ranged DPS
- Next quest
- Vengeance in Defeat
Lue-Reeq thinks you just might be the answer to his prayers.
— In-game description
- Rendezvous with Lue-Reeq in Lakeland.
- Use the bait to lure out a wild beast.
- Wait for and slay the wild beast.
- Speak with Lue-Reeq.
- Speak with Lue-Reeq in the Crystarium.
- Lue-Reeq thinks you just might be the answer to his prayers.
- The self-proclaimed bounty hunter Lue-Reeq is in search of a partner to help him slay an especially notorious mark─one of the four Cardinal Virtues, those most infamous instigators of the Flood. However, while you may look the part, Lue-Reeq would have you first demonstrate your considerable skills before your conversation can proceed further. Fortunately, you need not travel far to find suitable prey, as Lakeland has no shortage of ravenous beasts.
- The bounty hunter is kind enough to supply you with suitable bait for your audition─delivered to him in the field by a hireling, no less. You need only place it out in the open.
- The trap is set. Now comes the part where you must wait for something hungry to come hither...
- The beast is no more, as Lue-Reeq has doubtless observed. All that remains is to confirm that he is satisfied by your performance.
- Lue-Reeq applauds your martial prowess, clearly relieved that his judgment was not in error. He bids you return to the Crystarium where you will finalize the terms of your arrangement.
- Unlike others, Lue-Reeq cares not a whit for who the Warriors of Light were, be it heroes or villains. However, the fallen adventurer-turned-Virtue Renda-Rae was arguably the greatest hunter who ever lived, and the youth would like nothing more than to beat her at her own game. Fame and fortune is your promised reward, though he is happy to provide some modest compensation in advance. Needless to say, this may be the beginning of a beautiful partnership...