King of the Castle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
King of the Castle
This employee of the East Aldenard Trading Company is relieved to see you.
— In-game description
- Speak with the Sekiseigumi blade.
- Use the Duty Finder to enter Kugane Castle.
- Report to the East Aldenard Trading Company associate.
- This employee of the East Aldenard Trading Company is relieved to see you.
- You are approached not with an offer of wares but a request for help. As this Ul'dahn merchant tells it, Kugane Castle has been overrun by outlaws, and they have taken hostages─several dignitaries, including the bugyo of Kugane. While the Sekiseigumi would normally be the first to act in the face of such a crisis, they dare not put the bugyo at greater risk. Rather than storm the castle, they plan to recruit a small unit of adventurers to sneak inside. The merchant bids you make for the aqueducts in the Rakuza District, and speak with the Sekiseigumi officer there to learn more of their rescue mission.
- The Sekiseigumi officer apprises you of the situation inside the castle. Its halls are now filled with lawless ninjas and samurai under the leadership of a merchant by the name of Kageyama. As the officer bids you confront this mercantile mastermind, he warns you of a mysterious bodyguard in his employ. You then ready your arms and proceed through the aqueducts to infiltrate Kugane Castle.
- After overcoming throngs of shinobi, you at last find Kageyama at the heart of the castle. As a smile creeps across his face, it would seem he was expecting your arrival, and the bodyguard Yojimbo soon steps forward to protect his client. Kageyama showers the rogue swordsman with gold, whose attacks grow more destructive with every swing. Yet for all his money, Yojimbo deems the price of your head beyond the merchant's reach. The bodyguard soon takes his leave and Kageyama collapses to the ground a man broken, his fortunes utterly spent. With the castle now secure, you return to the merchant from the East Aldenard Trading Company to inform him of the good news.
- Not long after you return to the Ruby Bazaar, the Ul'dahn dignitary who was held captive at the castle arrives to offer her thanks for your aid. Her introduction soon makes clear that she is in fact the niece of Lolorito, Syndicate member and chairman of the East Aldenard Trading Company. Tales of your heroism inspired her to see the world and write a book about her travels. Thanks to your efforts, she may continue her journey with a tale of your deeds to accompany her writings.