In the Dark of the Tower
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the Dark of the Tower
- Quest giver
- Main Hall (X:6.0, Y:6.1)
- Quest line
- Endwalker Main Scenario Quests
- Previous quest
- The Satrap of Radz-at-Han
- Next quest
- The Jewel of Thavnair
Krile glances at you with expectant eyes.
— In-game description
- Speak with Nahbdeen at the Hamsa Hatchery.
- Stand by at the boat.
- Use the Duty Finder or Trust to enter the Tower of Zot.
- Speak with Thancred.
- Krile glances at you with expectant eyes.
- In the Baldesion Annex, you and your fellow Scions gather to share the findings of your investigations in Sharlayan and Radz–at–Han. Krile is of the opinion that assaulting the Tower of Zot should be the highest priority, and having conceived of a strategy, the party sets forth for Thavnair. Upon arriving on the island, you are to first regroup at the outpost at the Hamsa Hatchery.
- Arriving at the outpost, you are greeted by Nahbdeen, who bids you stand by at the boat which will bear you to the tower.
- After a short wait, your comrades join you at the boat. Some have weathered the aetheryte journey better than others, but all stand ready to breach the tower. Having received the warding scales from Varshahn, you make a final review of your strategy, which will see your forces divided into two groups; yours will fight its way to the tower's core, while the other will focus on keeping the prisoners alive until they can be set free. With that, naught remains to be done but give the word to launch the boat and commence the operation.
- ※Speak with your companion NPCs outside the instance entrance if you wish to enlist them for this duty.
- ※Use the Duty Finder if you wish to complete the instance alongside fellow players.
- Inside the tower's forbidding interior, you cut a path through tempered imperial soldiers and confront three Manusya of Thavnairian myth made manifest─the Magus Sisters. Though these unfamiliar primals are formidable, you eventually emerge the victor, thereby neutralizing the spire's defenses.
- Employing her ability to see aether, Y'shtola identifies the tower's core, which, to her dismay, appears to hold a man's severed limb. To who it once belonged and why it is there is a mystery, but it is undoubtedly what sustains the structure, and so Estinien wastes no time destroying it. With nothing to perpetuate its existence, the tower begins to fade─along with the floor beneath your feet─but thinking quickly, G'raha Tia invokes a levitation spell and sees everyone to safety.
- Back at the outpost, Thancred informs you that the prisoners are being transported to the city, where they will receive treatment for tempering. As you gaze out at the water, the menacing tower nowhere to be seen, you allow yourself a moment to savor this small victory before steeling yourself for the next battle.