The Crystal Exarch is the very picture of resolve.
— In-game description
- Enter the Crystal Tower
- Defeat the Warrior of Light.
- Speak with Ryne.
- On your signal, the Exarch lifts the ward, and together you stride into the Crystal Tower to meet with Elidibus.
※In the event that you leave the instance, you may reenter by speaking with the Crystarium sentry.
- As you wind your way up through the tower, your adversary's incessant summonings take an ever-heavier toll on your companion, eventually bringing him to his knees. His rapidly crystallizing body no longer able to keep up, the Exarch vows to hold the spectral warriors at bay while you go on alone─and so you do, hoping all the while that you will see him again.
- Some time later, you gain the tower's uppermost level, where you come face-to-face with Elidibus at last. In defiance of his fading memories, the Ascian clings to his name and duty, and takes unto himself the power of yet more heroes to arise as the Warrior of Light incarnate. In this puissant form, he unleashes a burst of all-consuming radiance at you, only to look on agog as you emerge unscathed. In your hand shines the constellation crystal you received from Hythlodaeus, while around you an array of arcane rings stand ready to summon champions from beyond the rift to your aid. The odds thus evened, you steel yourself for the decisive battle with your oldest foe.
※The Seat of Sacrifice can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- The battle unfolds with neither side willing to yield an ilm, but it is ultimately you who delivers the final blow, bringing Elidibus to his knees. Defiant even in defeat, Elidibus proclaims his own immortality, only for the Exarch to arrive and play his promised trump card. Harnessing the Crystal Tower's vast reservoir of energy, he strips the primal of his power and entraps his scattered essence. Before the Ascian fades into oblivion, however, you choose to restore his lost memories to him, granting him a semblance of peace at the last.
- It is, by any measure, a historic victory, but one not without cost, for it soon becomes clear that the Exarch's exertions have taken a fatal toll. As what remains of his flesh turns into crystal, he begs one last favor of you: a journey together. Comforted by your answer, he entrusts to you his mind and memories before commencing his silent vigil...
- Rejoining your other comrades in the Exedra, you learn from Ryne that all has returned to normal in Norvrandt. Yet something clearly weighs upon her mind...