Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cerigg is eyeing you inquisitively.
— In-game description
- Speak with Cerigg at the Red Serai.
- Track down the sin eater in Qasr Sharl and dispatch it.
- Report back to Cerigg.
- Speak with Cerigg.
- Cerigg is eyeing you inquisitively.
- You strike up a conversation with the bounty hunter Cerigg, who reveals to you his plan to hunt down a sin eater by the name of Phronesis─one of the four so-called “Cardinal Virtues” born from the remains of the fallen Warriors of Light. He is searching for a companion to aid him─and, in turn, share in the bounty─and suggests that you might be up for the task. Meet him at the Red Serai in Amh Araeng if you have a mind to take up the offer.
- Upon arriving in Amh Araeng, Cerigg informs you that yet another sin eater has manifested itself nearby, and asks you to hunt it down as proof of your ability to hold your own against the fearsome Phronesis. Venture to the western reaches of the region and attend to business.
- Wielding your formidable magicks, you make short work of the sin eater. You set off to report to Cerigg, who will no doubt be pleased to hear of your efforts.
- Cerigg is duly impressed with your abilities, and officially extends to you an offer to join him in hunting down the formidable Phronesis. He invites you to come to Mord Souq, where he promises to brief you further on the nature of the threat the sin eater poses.
- Cerigg shares with you the specifics of the sin eater Phronesis and its preferred method of attack. As he tells it, the sin eater does not confront its foes directly, but rather wreaks havoc via something people call “the hollows”─compact dimensional portals conjured out of thin air that swallow up everything around them. With your arcane knowledge, he hopes to devise a means to counteract this phenomenon, thus opening up a line of attack to the sin eater itself. Exercising due caution, he promises to do the necessary research before attempting to approach the fiend itself. You resolve to continue to hone your command of the magical arts until such time as Cerigg is ready to proceed to the next phase of his plan.