Embraced by Gods
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Embraced by Gods
Deryk is the very picture of peace.
— In-game description
- Wait at the designated location at The Bramble Patch.
- Speak with Deryk and follow his lead.
- Speak with Deryk again.
- Deryk is the very picture of peace.
- Deryk explains that he is now simply a man, remade from the portion of his essence that was not returned to the star. At the last, he found that he could not bear to be parted from his newfound friends, and chose to remain. Henceforth, he means to travel the world with a renewed perspective, but ere he sets out, he wishes to move his brethren's hopes, harbored in the Omphalos monument, to a place in men's midst. It is decided that everyone will accompany Deryk on this task, and you set off for the Sanctum of the Twelve in the East Shroud.
- Gathering before the Sanctum's gate, your party watches intently as Deryk imbues the arch with his brethren's hopes. He then speaks fondly of the remarkable people they used to be, hopeful that they remain with you in some way. With the task complete, you next make your way to Limsa Lominsa, there to send off those of your fellows who are bound for Sharlayan.
- Having bid Krile, G'raha Tia, and Snoegeim farewell, you are left alone with Deryk. The erstwhile deity asks you to accompany him to a place outside the city, and so you make your way to the Tempest Gate.
- In order to mark his new beginning as a man, Deryk wishes to see Oschon's Embrace with you. He continues on to the bridge, and you follow close on his heels.
※You must be following Deryk to complete this task. Speak with him again should you become separated.
- You make your way across Oschon's Embrace side by side with Deryk, who is impressed with the bridge in progress. Upon arriving at the other end, your companion looks at you sheepishly, as if he had another request...
- Wishing to talk a little more, Deryk asks you for your honest opinion of the Twelve. You are happy to oblige, and after you share your heartfelt thoughts, he declares his readiness to set forth upon his journey. So it is that you go your separate ways, with the promise to look for one another out on the road. What the future holds, none can say, but one thing is certain: come what may, the Twelve shall ever watch over their beloved Etheirys.