A Fresh Start
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Fresh Start
- Quest giver
- Amh Araeng (X:15.8, Y:29.1)
- Quest line
- Shadowbringers Main Scenario
- Previous quest
- Next quest
- More than a Hunch
Thy Well Be Done
The Crystal Knaves
For perhaps the first time, the look on Ryne's face is one of utter relief.
— In-game description
- Survey the designated location.
- Enter Malikah's Well.
- Speak with Alisaie.
- For perhaps the first time, the look on Ryne's face is one of utter relief.
- You left for Nabaath Areng with a girl named Minfilia, and return with one named Ryne, whom your fellow Scions welcome with open arms. Still more hearteningly, she is eager to put her newfound abilities to good use, revealing that she senses the presence of a Lightwarden to the west. This coincides with Y'shtola's own suspicions after surveying a site known as Malikah's Well. Seemingly, the extensive underground waterway represents a suitable place to hide, and so that is where you will begin your search.
- After a short trek westward, you arrive at the edge of a cavernous maw─the entrance to Malikah's Well. You quickly confer with the other Scions, before steeling yourself to step into the unknown.
- ※To enlist your companion NPCs for this duty, speak with them near the entrance or access Duty Support via the main menu. Use the Duty Finder if you wish to complete the instance alongside fellow players.
- You wend your way through the underground corridors of the well, its denizens impeding your every step, until you come face-to-face with the Lightwarden. Ignoring the protestations of your already aching limbs, you hurl yourself into battle once more and, after a drawn-out struggle, the beast is laid low.
- To your relief, the path leading out of the well is blessedly empty, and soon you emerge beneath a spectacular night sky. The sight of it leaves your fellow Scions in awe, Alisaie seeming especially affected by the view.
- With each hard-fought victory, the Light's grip over Norvrandt loosens, Kholusia now serving as its final foothold. Could the salvation of the First at last be within reach? It is a stirring thought, and one likely large in the minds of your comrades as you make ready to return to the Crystal Tower.