Storm Clouds Brewing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Storm Clouds Brewing
- Quest giver
- Lominsan Delegate
- Radz-at-Han (X:7.7, Y:9.6)
- Quest line
- Endwalker Role Quests
- Required quest
- At World's End
- Melee DPS
- Next quest
- The Crushing Tide
The Lominsan Delegate would entreat your aid in dealing with a grave threat back home.
— In-game description
- Speak with the secretariat at Maelstrom Command.
- Speak with Merlwyb at South Tidegate.
- Speak with Merlwyb again.
- Defeat the fell beast.
- Rescue Noll of the Calming Seas.
- Speak with Merlwyb.
- Speak with Merlwyb at Maelstrom Command.
- The Lominsan delegate would entreat your aid in dealing with a grave threat back home.
- A blasphemy, one of the fell beasts that portend the Final Days, has been sighted off the coast of Vylbrand. Admiral Bloefhiswyn has already begun to take action to deal with the threat, and she would have you join in the effort. At the official's behest, you agree to travel to Limsa and lend what aid you can.
- The situation in Limsa Lominsa is not entirely grim, for the secretariat at Maelstrom Command informs you that an increasing number of Sahagin have been freed from primal enthrallment and now seek peaceful relations with their neighbors. It is these newfound allies whose help Merlwyb would enlist in further assessing the situation, and she requests you accompany her to a meeting at South Tidegate.
- You rendezvous with Merlwyb at South Tidegate, but --troublingly-- your Sahagin allies are nowhere to be found. Fearing for their safety, Merlwyb makes for nearby Halfstone in search of them.
- You and Merlwyb arrive in Halfstone to see that your fears were indeed warranted. Grotesque beasts are poised to slaughter the Sahagin you came to meet. At Merlwyb's behest, you race to save the one named Noll from a grim fate.
- You make short work of the beast mere moments before it strikes down the defenseless Noll. Breathing a sigh of relief, you turn to the Sahagin youth to ensure he is indeed unharmed.
- Noll, who is shaken but otherwise no worse for the wear, thanks you profoundly for saving his life. Helping him to his feet, you set off to rejoin Merlwyb, who is fighting her own battle a short distance away.
- Safe from danger for the moment, you return with Merlwyb and the Sahagin pair to South Tidegate. It is there that Noll confirms that the selfsame horror you witnessed at Radz-at-Han has come to Vylbrand, and that the beasts you dispatched were once his very own spawnbrothers. Noll further explains that these latest victims were affiliated with the Crushing Tide-- a Sahagin faction that rejects efforts to make peace with Limsa. With a fuller understanding of the dangers his people face, Noll returns home, while you and Merlwyb agree to meet back at Maelstrom Command to discuss your next course of action.
- Back at Maelstrom Command, Merlwyb resolves to put the knowledge she has gleaned from you and Noll to full use in bringing a swift end to the blasphemy. Vowing to do your part, you take your leave until your next course of action is decided upon.
- ※The next role quest will be available from the Maelstrom secretariat upon reaching level 86 in any melee DPS class.