Hearts in the Sand
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hearts in the Sand
— In-game description
- Speak with the House Valentione emissary in Ul'dah.
- Locate the traveling trader and give him the lumpy envelope.
- Report to the House Valentione emissary in Ul'dah.
- Hortefense would have you assist his man in Ul'dah to track down a traveling trader.
- ※This quest is available for a limited time only.
- Hortefense dispatches you to Ul'dah to assist his subordinate in sifting the sands for love gone astray. He bids you meet with the House Valentione emissary there, who will introduce you to one of the ladies who requires your services.
- ※Please note that you will be unable to complete this quest after the seasonal event has ended. For details, please check the Lodestone.
- The maiden explains that the object of her affections is a traveling trader, who has selected a most inopportune time to head out into the desert. The only clue to his destination is a snippet of half-heard conversation: the lady recalls him mentioning (variable) while discussing his route with a fellow merchant. She hands you a tear-stained love letter and bids you locate her darling, that you might deliver it to him. ※Please note that the trader you seek will not be marked on the map, nor will any identifying symbol appear above the character's head. Share your information with other players, and try to find him.
- You hand the letter to Shashagun/Wowotazi in Horizon, who recognizes the hand and scent of his sweetheart. He vows to return to Ul'dah forthwith, to repay his darling for her heartfelt gift. Follow him back to the city, and report your success to the emissary.
- You report to the emissary, who welcomes you with open arms. Thanks to your efforts, the maiden is no more. However, there is less welcome news for Hortefense─the “noble lady of Ishgard” for whom he searches has not been found in Thanalan. Perhaps he might have more luck hunting a little closer to home?