Gateway of the Gods
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gateway of the Gods
- Quest giver
- Camp Broken Glass (X:14.0, Y:29.5)
- Quest line
- Endwalker Main Scenario Quests
- Previous quest
- In from the Cold
- Next quest
- A Trip to the Moon
Now that you've recovered, Lucia would have a word with you.
— In-game description
- Speak with Lyse.
- Speak with Pipin.
- Wait at the destination inside the station.
- Use the Duty Finder or Trust to enter the Tower of Babil.
- Clear the Tower of Babil.
- Speak with Alphinaud.
- Now that you've recovered, Lucia would have a word with you.
- As you recount what befell you whilst Zenos was occupying your body, it becomes clear to those present that both the primal Anima and the Telophoroi are based in the Tower of Babil─as suspected─so it is there that you must go to confront them. Fortunately, contingent scouts have identified a viable route of ingress, and Lucia has a plan of attack already prepared. While others create a diversion above ground, you are to slip into the tower via an underground tunnel alongside the Scions and some few allies.
- Your meeting with Lyse and company at Forum Patens to review your roles in the coming operation proceeds smoothly, with no more than the usual amount of bickering amongst the Azim Steppe delegation. So as not to attract attention, the group will need to travel separately until you reach the Enceladeum, where the entrance to the tunnel can be found.
- Pipin greets you at the Enceladeum, unaware of the details of your possession but nevertheless pleased to see you recovered enough to take part in the battle to come. He directs you to the representative from Lente's Tears who will serve as your guide to the underground station, promising to send your other comrades along when they arrive.
- You enter the underground station, where you are soon joined by your remaining comrades. A ruckus can be heard from above ground─your cue to board the train and infiltrate the Tower of Babil.
- ※Speak with your companion NPCs outside the instance entrance if you wish to enlist them for this duty.
- ※Use the Duty Finder if you wish to complete the instance alongside fellow players.
- Fighting past tempered soldiers and all manner of monstrosities, you succeed in breaching the top of the tower, where you come face-to-face with the terrifying primal known as Anima. Demonstrating your might is more fearsome than any would-be god of empire, you succeed in putting the soul of His Radiance, Varis zos Galvus, to rest at last. Now nothing stands between you and the long-awaited confrontation with the Telophoroi's commanders.
- Though you catch Zenos and Fandaniel in the act, they have already harnessed much of the tower's aether and nearly succeeded in freeing Zodiark from His imprisonment. Suddenly, Krile appears, her body acting as a conduit for Hydaelyn, who is able to preserve the remaining shackles that bind Her ancient foe. For a moment, it appears that Fandaniel's plan has failed when the last of the tower's aether is exhausted, but he quickly changes tack and teleports himself and Zenos to the moon, that they might destroy the protective barrier in person. As a parting gift, they reveal that Anima, as its final act, issued an order to the tempered throughout Garlemald to fight unto their dying breath, and this diversion is enough to allow the Telophoroi to utilize their gate and make their escape. For a mercy, Hydaelyn manages to divert their aether current far from their destination, giving you a chance to travel to the moon yourself and forestall Zodiark's release.
- Alphinaud and the other Scions vow to prevent the situation in Garlemald from escalating and spare the tempered a terrible fate. Meanwhile, you alone must pursue the Telophoroi to the moon, and stop them ere it is too late.