Far from Free
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Far from Free
— In-game description
- Speak with the blasphemy hunter in the Ala Mhigan Quarter.
- Speak with Raubahn outside Ala Gannha.
- Tend to the soldiers. 0/2
- Speak with Raubahn.
- Speak with Raubahn in the Ala Mhigan Quarter.
- The Ala Mhigan delegate to Radz-at-Han has grim news to convey.
- You learn from the allied delegates appointed to Sundrop that a blasphemy has made a sudden appearance in the streets of Ala Mhigo. With the city guard's ranks left severely depleted and most of their healers committed to treating the tempered, Raubahn has requested that you assist in efforts to slay the beast.
- After arriving in Ala Mhigo, Raubahn explains that a young man was seen transforming into a blasphemy, and that only the swift response of the city guard prevented certain catastrophe. While they succeeded in shepherding the bystanders to safety, they were unable to bring down the creature, which remains at large. With next to no information on the blasphemy's identity or its whereabouts, Raubahn suggests that the two of you investigate reports of a similar incident that occurred just moments ago in Ala Gannha.
- On the outskirts of Ala Gannha, you happen upon the aftermath of a battle with several beasts, including two soldiers in need of your ministrations. With no obvious danger in the immediate vicinity, you rush to their aid, while Raubahn scouts the area for any creatures that may have escaped.
- The pair of battle-worn soldiers are grateful for your help, but while their physical injuries have been dealt with, even your most potent magicks cannot expunge the memory of the horrific scenes they have witnessed. As agreed, you head to the village to meet with Raubahn.
- You find Raubahn in conversation with Raganfrid, the village elder, and Arenvald. As Raganfrid explains, the events surrounding the summoning of Sri Lakshmi and Fordola's intervention had a profound effect on him, and after much soul-searching, he formed the Silver Griffins, of which Arenvald is now a member. Their objective is to oversee the reintegration of returning Ala Mhigan refugees and other groups that remain on the fringes of society, such as those branded as traitors for siding with the Garlean Empire during the occupation. However, the surviving relatives of the Crania Lupi have refused all attempts to assist them, and it is believed that the people who transformed into beasts belonged to this selfsame group. With despair being the driving force behind the metamorphosis, Raganfrid and Arenvald have vowed to address the root causes and thereby avert any further tragedies, and upon hearing this, Raubahn pledges his full support for the Silver Griffins. For the time being, he bids that you return to the city to discuss a plan of action.
- Over the course of his troubled life, Raubahn has felt despair time and time again, and memories of the bloody banquet still haunt him to this day. As such, he understands perhaps better than most the importance of the Silver Griffins and their efforts to unite Ala Mhigo. Although there is little that can be done at present to assist them or those tracking the blasphemy and other beasts, he asks that you await further instructions.
- ※The next role quest will be available from the blasphemy hunter upon reaching level 86 in any healer class.