Deploy the Core
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Deploy the Core
Ryne waits anxiously for Thancred to return from surveying the vicinity.
— In-game description
- Optional rewards
- Use the Duty Finder to enter Eden's Gate: Resurrection.
- Speak with Ryne.
- Speak with Ryne in Eden's core.
- Ryne waits anxiously for Thancred to return from surveying the vicinity.
- After returning to camp, Thancred is filled with apprehension upon hearing that Ryne intends to restore the world's natural balance by seizing control of Eden. She has detected something resembling the core of a Talos and suggests using similar methods to manipulate it. Urianger agrees that her theory is sound, and he posits that by riding aetherial currents, you will be able to teleport to the inner reaches. However, Thancred points out that although Eden seems to be in a mostly dormant state, there is likely to be some manner of defense against intruders, possibly utilizing powerful sin eaters. Since you are the only one able to vanquish a Lightwarden without it transferring to a new host, Thancred requests that you lead the way. Despite not having the slightest inkling as to what lies in wait, you and your fellow adventurers nevertheless step forward, ready to face any foe that would bar your way.
- ※Eden's Gate: Resurrection can be accessed via the Duty Finder.
- As predicted, you are greeted by a fearsome protector upon entering the expansive interior of Eden. Bearing a striking resemblance to its namesake, Eden Prime proved a fierce opponent before ultimately succumbing to your onslaught. Your comrades eagerly await news of your victory at the base camp, as they make preparations to teleport themselves to the core of the mysterious entity.
- Ryne, Thancred, and Urianger are delighted that you have returned relatively unharmed from your encounter with Eden Prime. The Aethernet shards have been activated, and you may now travel between the camp and Eden's core at will.
- With Urianger's mechanisms in place, Ryne begins the daunting task of bringing Eden under her control. Her efforts are met with violent resistance, as the vast sin eater thrashes violently in an attempt to break free. Nevertheless, Ryne refuses to relinquish her hold, and for a few fleeting moments, it appears that she may yet succeed in overcoming her gargantuan foe. Eden, however, is not so easily subdued, and the tremors resume with even greater ferocity, as it lifts itself out of the crater and high into the air. With so much resting on the shoulders of your young comrade, you can only watch as the battle of wills rages on.