The Aurum Vale
- “Soon after its discovery, miners from across the realm flocked to the Aurum Vale, driven by rumors that deep within lay endless veins of mythril. What they found instead was gold, but not the sort which would make them rich. Believing the substance precious aurum, miners unknowingly stumbled into deep pools of glowing venom thereafter known as goldbile. Not only did the liquid burn their skin, but the noisome fumes given off by the foul ooze cooked their lungs when inhaled, bringing on a quick, yet excruciating death. These truths, however, have done little to prevent new miners from braving the suffocating shafts, now even more driven to find what those who entered before could not.”
- —Game Description
- Players who are level 50 will be level sync'd down to level 49 upon entrance.
- Players must have completed the quest Going for Gold.
- Time Restriction: 90 minutes
- Rewards: Allagan Tomestone of Philosophy x40
- Breach the Lock
- Defeat the morbol bed keeper
- Clear the Coincounter's Chest
- Defeat the morbol bed keepers
Locksmith is the first boss of The Aurum Vale. This gigantic Ochu has several high damage mechanics that will test the capabilities of the parties' healers.
In the boss area, there are objects named Morbol Fruit along the sides of the room. Players can interact with the fruits to remove all of the Gold Lung debuff stacks on themselves. After interacting with a fruit, it will disappear. The Morbol Fruits respawn over time.
- Each member of the party should stand near 1 Morbol Fruit. Players should use the Morbol Fruit after receiving 2 stacks of Gold Lung.
- Hundred Lashings is a melee attack that deals moderate to high amount of damage.
- Gold Rush is an instant ability that places a damage of time debuff named Gold Lung on all players. The debuff can be removed by consuming a Morbol Fruit.
- Gold Dust is a circular AoE spell that appears under a random player. It will to moderate to high amount of damage to all players hit.
Coincounter is the cyclops boss of the dungeon. He has a few powerful frontal AoE attacks. All non-tank players should stay away from the front of the boss. He has 2 types of 100-Tonze Swipe abilities. The first type can be identified when he holds his mace with only 1 of his hands. This is a frontal cone AoE attack. The second type can be identified when he holds his mace with 2 of his hands. This is a circular AoE attack that does an enormous amount of damage to all targets around him. Neither of these attacks have ground indicators. Players should interrupt or avoid these attacks.
At about half HP, Coincounter will start using Eye of the Beholder, an long range, frontal cone, AoE spell. Ranged damage dealers and healers should spread apart and avoid his Glower and Eye of the Beholder abilities if possible.
- 10-Tonze Swipe is an instant frontal AoE attack that does moderate amount of damage.
- 100-Tonze Swipe (1 Hand) is a frontal cone AoE attack that does a large amount of damage to all targets hit.
- 100-Tonze Swing (2 Hand) is a circular AoE attack that does extremely large amount of damage to all targets close to the Cyclops.
- Glower is a laser fired from the eye of Coincounter onto a random player. The player will take moderate amount of damage and become inflicted with the debuff Paralysis.
- Eye of the Beholder is a long range, frontal, cone AoE spell that deals a moderate amount of damage and inflicts a DoT named Electrocution. Coincounter will face a random player and use the emote "The Coincounter takes a moment to reconsider..." before using this spell.
- 100-Tonze Swipe, 100-Tonze Swing and Eye of the Beholder can be interrupted with stuns.
Miser's Mistress is the final boss of The Aurum Vale. This Morbol boss has powerful frontal AoE attacks and should be faced away from all non-tank players. The debuffs from Bad Breath could be deadly.
Similar to Locksmith, there are objects named Morbol Fruit around the boss room. Players can consume the fruit to remove all the stacks of the debuff Burrs on them.
- Players should consume the fruit at around 2-4 Burrs stacks.
- After half HP, Miser's Mistress will occasionally spawn 5 strange Morbol Fruits. Kill these fruits immediately, use AoE abilities if possible. These fruits will hatch into Adds named Morbol Seedlings. The Seedlings will add Burrs stack with every attack. Focus your attacks on the seedlings when they appear.
- Bad Breath is a frontal cone AoE spell that inflicts the debuffs Paralysis, Silence, Poison, Blind, Slow, Heavy, HP Penalty, and Determination Down to all target hit.
- Vine Probe is a frontal column AoE attack that deals a moderate amount of damage to all targets hit.
- Burr Burrow is an ability that inflicts the player with the debuff Burrs and deals small amount of damage per stack of Burrs already on the player.
- Hooked Burrs is an ability that deals a small amount of damage and adds one stack of Burrs on 1 random player.
|Item||Icon||Item Level||Requirement||Block Strength||Block Rate||Stats and Attributes|
|Canopus Shield||49|| GLA, PLD
|109||109||Strength +4, Vitality +4, Parry +7, Accuracy +5|