A Dainty Dilemma
From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
A Dainty Dilemma
Jacke appears eager to give you your first assignment.
— In-game description
- Speak with Perimu Haurimu.
- Slay aureliae.
- Report to Perimu Haurimu at the Rogue's Guild.
- Speak with I'tolwann at the Drowning Wench.
- Speak with Perimu Haurimu in Summerford.
- Steal the firing mechanism #43 from a goblin gambler.
- Speak with Jacke.
- Jacke appears eager to give you your first assignment.
- Jacke has assigned you your first official task─a case concerning a plundered piece of imperial technology. Another rogue, a Lalafell by the name of Perimu Haurimu, is to assist you in your work. Speak with Perimu “Underfoot” Haurimu to begin your assignment.
- Before you start your task in earnest, Perimu wishes to impress upon you the importance of evasion for a lightly armored rogue. Head out to lower La Noscea and defeat three aureliae while focusing on avoiding attacks through the use of swift footwork and the Perfect Dodge ability.
- You have defeated the aureliae. Return to the Rogues' Guild and report to Perimu Haurimu.
- You make your report, and Perimu Haurimu appears satisfied with your skills of evasion. After explaining that the first step in your assignment is to locate the thugs who violated the code, Underfoot then suggests making use of the guild's widespread spy network. Head to the Drowning Wench and attempt to order a weak ale from I'tolwann, the Miqo'te server.
- You make your incredibly un-Lominsan-like order for weak ale, signalling to I'tolwann that you are a member of the Rogues' Guild in search of information. The Drowning Wench server then provides you with a description of your targets, otherwise known as the “Dainty Demolishers.” It seems the Demolishers are known for fencing their goods─mostly pieces of stolen Garlean machinery─to a group of goblins in middle La Noscea. Travel to Summerford, and join with Perimu Haurimu at his vantage point across the river from the beastmen's camp.
- After rendezvousing with Perimu, you learn that one of the beastmen is already in possession of the stolen goods. Defeat the goblin gambler, and retrieve the firing mechanism.
- You have slain the goblin gambler and secured the magitek device. Return to Perimu Haurimu at his vantage point and confirm that you have retrieved the correct gadget.
- Perimu Haurimu inspects the device and commends you on a job well done. Return to the Rogues' Guild and deliver the firing mechanism to Jacke.
- After delivering the device to Jacke, the “Dutiful Sisters” are suddenly paid a visit by the Dainty Demolishers. It seems the trio of dandified thugs had trailed you back to the guild with the intent of demanding restitution for your recent act of larceny. The rogues make short work of the intruders, but not before the Demolishers' leader reveals a curious fact about the guild's past. Speak with Jacke to conclude your assignment and learn more about the history of the rogues.
- Though reluctant to dwell on past events, Jacke nevertheless explains to you the origin of the Rogues' Guild. No matter how its name changes, the guildmaster insists that the guild's task of upholding the code ever remains the same. Return to your training and prepare for your next assignment. ※The next rogue quest will be available from Jacke upon reaching level 10.