FATE or Fully Active Time Events are dynamic scenarios, often battles, that appear around the Eorzea. FATEs involve boss battles, escort missions and other events. Players can complete these events for experience, gil and Grand Company seals. Occasionally players will also receive items for successful completion of a FATE at gold medal.
To locate a FATE, look for FATE indicators that randomly appear on your map. To join a FATE, simply enter the FATE radius (blue circle) on your mini map and attempt to complete the FATE objectives. There are no limits to the number of players that can participate in a FATE at a time. If the player's level is too high, they will be asked to level sync down. FATEs can be completed by finishing the on-screen objectives within the time limit. Players are rewarded with experience and gil when a FATE is completed.
Types of FATEs
Monster FATES require the players to defeat waves and waves of monsters. On your map, they show up as icons with two crossed swords. Players can increase their rating by tagging or first hitting monsters, doing damage to the monsters and healing and reviving other players. To obtain participation for a monster slain, players need to get on the aggro table (pops up on the left) for that monster when it is slain.
- Easiest way to achieve Gold Medal rating is by tagging monsters with instant cast spells, damage them with AoE abilities, gaining enmity for multiple mobs and healing players with high enmity.
Boss FATEs require the players to defeat one large and powerful boss monster. On your map, they show up as icons with monster maw. Players can increase their rating by doing damage to the boss, tanking hits from the boss and healing other players.
- Players do not gain participation by creating enmity, instead they gain rating by tanking the boss' attacks. Simply tanking a hit, regardless of whether you dodge, parry or take damage from it, gives you the same level of contribution.
Collect FATEs require the players to collect and turn in special items. On your map, they show up as bag icons along with a small bag that indicate the location of the FATE NPC. Players can increase their rating by turning in collectibles before the timer hits 0.
- Players can easily obtain the Gold Medal rating by picking up the FATE items on the ground and handing them to the FATE NPC.
Players often group up and farm FATEs for fast experience. Various FATE spots emerge for different levels.
|01 - 12||Horizon||Western Thanalan|
|13 - 20||Aleport||Western La Noscea|
|21 - 30||Quarrymill||South Shroud|
|28 - 34||Costa Del Sol||Eastern La Noscea|
|30 - 38||Dragonhead||Coerthas Central Highlands|
|38 - 42||Revenant’s Toll||Mor Dhona|
|42 - 50||Ceruleum Processing Plant||Northern Thanalan|
- Main article: Behemoth (FATE)
- Main article: Odin (FATE)