From Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki
The purpose of this Fishing Guide is to help fishers better locate, and lure their desired catch but please be aware Gulleye requirements may not be listed.
- Gathering Affects your rate of landing a catch. If you find yourself failing to reel in fish and are of adequate level for your location you should consider upgrading your equipment.
- Perception Affects your HQ catch rate. This is just as important for leveling up. You gain an additional 300% XP on top of the base XP earned.
- Lures are reuseable and can be used to catch fish repeatedly, although they can be lost. Bait such as Cage Feeders are consumed with each cast. Bait and lures are specific to each type of fish.
- You will retain your accumulated GP when changing between Miner, Botanist, and Fisher. In addition you can use Truth of Forests and Truth of Mountains as Fisher.
- With the Heavensward 3.0 update, GP can now be used for specific skills. A level of at least 600 is preferred.
- Conditions currently known to affect catch rates:
- Time of day
- Moon Phase
- See also: Fish Guide by Region
- Please check the individual page for the fish you wish to learn more about.
- Prime Location
- Favored Bait
- Conditions (weather, time of day, etc)
- Player Reported Catch Rate
|Malm Kelp||Crayfish||Chub||Merlthor Goby||Lominsan Anchovy|