- “Masters of Science and Nature, the devilish and the divine, alchemists ensure their livelihood through the transmogrification of mundane materials into wondrous waters─from curative concoctions to potent potables.
The Ul'dahn school only recently came to be recognized in scientific circles as a valid branch of alchemical orthodoxy. It is based on fundamental principles originating in the Near East tradition, but draws heavily upon esoteric elements of both Lalafellin herbalism and Miqo'te occultism as well.”
- —Game Description
Alchemist is a crafting or disciples of hand class that transforms materials into potions and elixirs. Alchemists can create consumables such as potions, ethers, elixirs, stat buffs, status cures and status inducers. They can also make wands for conjurers and books for arcanists.
- To become an alchemist, talk to the alchemist's guild receptionist when you're level 10 or higher on another class.
- Main article: Alchemist Actions
|Basic Synthesis||1||0||Increases progress. Efficiency: 100% Success Rate: 90%|
|Basic Touch||5||24||Increases quality. Efficiency: 100% Success Rate: 70%|
|Master's Mend||7||94||Restores item durability by 30.|
|Steady Hand||9||22||Improves action success rate by 20% for the next five steps.|
|Inner Quiet||11||18||Grants a bonus to control with every increase in quality.|
|Observe||13||12||Do nothing for one step.|
|Tricks of the Trade||15||0||Restores 45 CP. Can only be used when material status is unfavorable.|
|Standard Touch||18||38||Increases quality. Efficiency: 125% Success Rate: 80%|
|Great Strides||21||32||Doubles efficiency of next Touch action. Effect active for three steps.|
|Brand of Water||25||15||Increases progress. Progress doubles when recipe affinity is water. Efficiency: 100% (200%) Success Rate: 90%|
|Master's Mend II||28||150||Restores item durability by 60.|
|Standard Synthesis||33||15||Increases progress. Efficiency: 150% Success Rate: 90%|
|Advanced Touch||37||52||Increases quality. Efficiency: 150% Success Rate: 90%|
|Comfort Zone||43||58||Restores 10 CP after each step for the next ten steps.|
- Main article: Alchemist Recipes
- Main article: Alchemist Guide
- Main article: Alchemist Levequests
Crafting and Gathering